is forum login and front page article comment login the same?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by chombiekay, May 2, 2013.

1. chombiekay

chombiekay Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    my question:

I have an account in the forum but on the front home page there is also ability to comment on news articles. i cannot seem to find a place to log in with my forum name and comment on the news articles. BUT on my iphone through the toucharcade app, i am able to comment directly on news articles with my forum login name. how is this possible?

secondly, how do i delete comments i made to news articles (i commented using the iphone app).

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The main front page uses Disqus etc, a different plug-in from the forums, which means you need to create a new account to post. The TA app, I believe, has combined the functionality for ease of use.

As far as I know there's no way to delete your comments.

3. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    #3 mrkgoo, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    Sort of a similar/related question, I notice that the TouchArcade main page has a login button at the top (not the comments).

Is this the same login as the forums? I notice that if I use my forum login there, it logs me into the forums, but doesn't say anything about staying logged in the main page. Is the forum login supposed to work there? I get no feedback whether I login on the main page with a correct or incorrect password.