★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Warp 5 Overdrive not only speeds into the future, but also brings a blast from the past in this 80s arcade space shooter throwback. Set in a retro space scene where quick reaction based obstacles, enemies, and more are all in the way of your epic journey. These pesky distractions will destroy you and your awesome 5-D ship if you don't have captain like reflexes.

Max out your 8-Track Doubly Mono High Def speakerplugs because these fast paced chiptunes will blow your noodle. Warp 5 Overdrive comes pre-built with auto-shooting technology and cup holders (that you can't use) allowing you to focus on "Lightyears", surviving obstacles, and defeating enemies. Collect enough enemy power cells to blast you into Warp Drive and zoom past the boundaries of physics to dominate the world class high scores.

Warp 5 Overdrive sports unbelievable high definition graphics with mind blowing 10 gazzillion pixels of awesome. Build your own custom ground breaking 5-D ship in 3-D to put a bit of flash into your voyage of the unknown.

The one question you have to ask yourself is -- How far will you go?
03-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Videos from developer:

Ship Creator:

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

03-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Woh that looks good.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-18-2014, 09:53 AM
I had to laugh at the little window in the background showing two joysticks and an arcade.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Looks like an early prototype version of Resogun.
03-20-2014, 04:51 AM
Has anyone tried this? Looks interesting but someone rated it 2 stars on the TA app.
03-20-2014, 05:41 AM
Game Impressions

Can`t rate it higher at the current moment since it does feel like after playing the Game for five Minutes i have already seen everything that it might have to offer.
03-22-2014, 08:54 AM
It's an endless shooter, bit hard because sometimes it uses inverse point of view. I might say first five minutes I played this game, I always game over. That Light year is your score I think I get less than 50 so far. It has random path, random event such as meteor shower, that yellow brick shower, Danger Zone, pass a bunch of yellow rings, etc. Sometimes the events are too impossible to be passed. It just too fast, but may be it just because my finger doesn't have enough quick reflex to do that. You'll game over once you hit any thing.
There's no game center right now, only online leaderboard which showing how far have you go. For me, it's an okay game

Game Center ID: copaeci
04-04-2014, 03:03 PM
This game is severely overlooked. I recently got a promo code and I'm really enjoying it. It's a twitchy bullet hell game as you rotate around the outside of an energy column. You fire automatically so your main goal is evasion and lining up shots. What makes Warp 5 stand out is its stylish visuals, cool ship builder, and the various random hazards that you encounter, from meteor showers to barriers and mine fields. You never know what to expect and one hit destroys you