iPhone Magic 2013

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vernimator, Jun 20, 2012.

1. awertos

awertos Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    reviews is good but game isnt good

2. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Game isn't good? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

3. paferblo

paferblo New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    so, noone know how to win points in magic on ipad ?

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Do you mean in solo or multiplayer rankings?

5. paferblo

paferblo New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    hi, thanks for u answer, i mean points in multiplayer ranking, they never move !!

6. hellokitt

hellokitt Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    The game I was just fascinated. Trailer is very impressive

7. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I think it goes like this. You need to beat someone with the same or higher ELO rating than you. But the problem with GC is that it doesn't pair you by ELO rating, I believe it's random.

Example: You won 10 games from people with lower ELO than you, you don't get points. You lose 1 game from someone with a higher ELO than you, you lose points. You win 1 game from someone with the same or higher ELO than you, you gain points (painfully slow).

8. Jools75

Jools75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Secret Agent :-)
    Italy
    The real thing is... Gamecenter Leaderboard doesn't count anymore: it's easily hackable and you can easily figure how many stupid people cheated their Highscore via some sort of illegal app or script. I personally don't care about Leaberdoards, since it's no more reliable. I prefer to stick in some fun multiplayer games (Magic's stopped some weeks ago for me, I'm enjoying various new apps and other platform games, but who knows, surely I'll pick again for some fun match) but not paying too much consideration to highscores: I've read about too many flaws/exploits in Gamecenter to give it some trust. :)

Useful only in pairing some friend for multiplayer matches... And often it isn't useful as you're expecting. Bleh. :D

9. paferblo

paferblo New Member

Oct 17, 2012
    thanks jools, that is what i think, it not usable.

10. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    New DLC coming November 8, 2012.

There will be 3 deck packs, with the first coming out this week, 2.99 USD each, with 2 decks each pack.

Source: Dotp Official Forum

:D

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Whoa! Awesome news :D

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Cool, only a little depressed by the ol' diminishing returns here.

We just recently got 5 decks for $4.99, now, if grabbing all 3 sets, it will be 6 for $8.97?

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The later expansion deck packs were similarly priced for Duels 2012 as well. I think the idea is that these are advanced decks that are likely to see fewer purchases than for the core decks and the initial expansion, although I'm not sure if there's any truth to that.

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    All the more reason I'd assume they'd charge less than $2.99/2 decks when the fervor for Magic 2013 has died down a bit at this point. :)

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Hah well, that's what sales are for :p

Also, here's a preview for what's coming on the 8th with extensive spoilers

16. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I wish there was an option to increase the size of cards in your hand. I can't even read the titles of cards when playing on my iPad mini. I don't expect to be able to read the descriptive text. But a readable title would be very convenient. Too much double tapping as it is.

Do the devs read this thread? Where is the best place to submit a request?

17. fastspinecho

fastspinecho Active Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Not quite. Your Elo score almost always goes up when you win a game, even if your opponent has a lower Elo score. But it goes up more slowly than winning against a higher ranked opponent.

When you lose a game, your Elo score goes down by the same amount that your opponent's score goes up. So you are basically "betting" some of your Elo points with your opponent, using odds that depend on your relative scores.

18. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Is unlocking cards tied to your account or your iPad? If I upgrade iPad will I have to start all over again?

19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It is supposedly tied to your GC account so it should easily carry over to a new system BUT I'm not sure how that works if you were last playing offline and therefore had no way to update your online GC profile.

20. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ranking is tied to GC but not campaign progress. You will have to unlock all the cards again.

Unless you are restoring saved data uploaded to iCloud. I don't know if that's possible going from iPad 3 to 4, or from 3 to Mini.