Universal Agent Dash (By Fullfatgames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    This looks good...

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    But how does this really compare to the others. Honestly Subway Surfer was probably the only one that felt good to me. I was disappointed by The End, never got Axon Runners because I heard a lot of mixed things about it. And last week's Mutant Roadkill wasn't bad but was too much like Zombie Highway.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Axon Runners is more of a free-movement version of Subway surfers. If subway surfers lets you move in 4 directions (left, right, jump, slide), think of Axon Runners as it's 360 degree control brother.

4. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    My comments:

- not really into tilt controls like the other runners, so the swipes in Agent Dash are a welcome change for me
    - graphics are top notch with colorful backgrounds and lush environments, reminds me of Crash Bandicoot crossed with The Incredibles
    - doesn't feel "endless"; you always start from a jungle and progressively make your way through several different stages
    - Facebook leaderboard is pretty useless

Worth a download ;)

5. fullfatgames

fullfatgames Well-Known Member

Hi gang,

We hope you're all enjoying the game.

We've noticed some concern about the amount of Facebook posting going on - let us assure you that *this isn't* the intended volume of posts and that we're going to be working around the clock to get this fixed in an update as soon as possible.

• In the meantime, you can avoid this risk by *only* signing in from the Front End - *do not* sign in from the Results Screen.

• If you find yourself falling victim to ludicrous amounts of posting, you can resolve this by closing the game completely and relaunching.

We're sorry that some of you have been affected by this - it's a game we're pretty proud of and want you guys to have the best experience with it. By doing the above, you can log into Facebook with complete confidence - trust us :)

Seriously, the Facebook leaderboards really come into their own when you get some of your friends involved!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this - we hope you continue to enjoy Agent Dash!

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #26 TheFrost, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    FullFat, could you add the "2x Gems" IAP (each gem is worth 2 gems intead of 1)??? It would make the grinding a lot easier and more fun

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, there's some of us who use Facebook just to keep in touch with long lost friends, and I'll admit it, most of us here are iOS gaming geeks. Doesn't mean I want my other friends to know it :D.

I guess one of these days I should create a FB geek account just for things like this.

8. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #28 TheFrost, Aug 1, 2012
    Like the guy above says, do a new Fb account just for this things and everything will be Ok

9. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    #29 Bloko, Aug 2, 2012
    Just got the game and it's amazing!
    I loved the art style, along which the soundtracks and environments remind me a lot of Disney's The Incredibles.

I'm enjoying it more than Subway Surfers and TheEndApp, by the way.

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #30 TheFrost, Aug 2, 2012
    Been playing quite a bit and its awesome, here are some impressions after almost an hour

Good: Never played other games in this genre, but Agent Dash is fast, fun and frantic, as you have to constantly changing lanes, dashing left or right, jumping or sliding for gems or avoiding death... and both looks and sounds are fantastic. Graphics are outstanding and like everyone says, its a lot like The Incredibles. Controls are responsive, which is great, and you will need them
    There is A LOT of missions, like 50, and some are very hard to get, so this one will take a fun (and maybe some frustration) long time to finish
    I play on an iPhone 4 and its really smooth, no lag or framedrops. Another good things are: Boss levels with shooting and that you can change lanes mid-air, really nessesary

IAP: If this game came out in the pre-IAP era and instead of buying with coins you unlock the old way, this could be one of the greatest games ever for me.
    Two characters are really expensive, and it seems some upgrades are too. There is also a consumable items shop, and those are very expensive too...
    But at least the game is really generous with gems, and I collected quite a few so far and bought all level 1 upgrades... now saving for a new character.

Bad: That consumable shop make this game more based on IAP than on skill. No achievements, every runner needs those at the very start, without them the fun factor goes down. Some items are very expensive (accentuating).

Conclusion: I think this game is really great and will stay for a long time on my device to be enjoyed, and I have some patience, so I will grind...

Did I mention that I find Agent Dash very entertaining?

11. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Not when you have your General Manager and CEO in your list! :eek:

12. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I hate games that post BS on Facebook. Tired of seeing stuff like "Compete with your friends on Facebook for high scores and share your achievements". Nobody on Facebook gives a $hit how I did on some obscure iPhone game nobody has ever heard of... Just stick with Game Center...

13. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    On the flipside we finally get a, behind the back endless runner, that has NO tilt controls!!! I like it!!

14. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I love everything Full Fat does and this is no exception.
    That being said, although I am not a fan of tilt controls I think they work well for games like this and I would have love the option.

15. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Can't seem to download in US store. Keep getting this message "MZCommerece.Creditblance.Mobile_message" anyone else getting this message?

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This. And clients too.

17. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I have been getting this error on everything I try downloading tonight. Have to sign out of the app store and then back in to get it working. May have to do it several times. Checked online and it is a problem lots of people are having tonight apparently. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sub
    way
    sur
    fers.

19. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    #39 Joltrabbit, Aug 2, 2012
    I'm too trained by Temple Run and The End for tilt controls. I had a hard time getting into AD without them!

I deleted it off my phone after a few plays but I can see myself picking it back up soon.

Edit: How many legit Temple Run clones are there now? Subway Surfers, The End App, Agent Dash and Mutant Roadkill come to mind. Yes, I'm not counting the Brave version of TR.

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #40 awp69, Aug 2, 2012
    While without IAPs, it definately looks like it'll take a fair amount of grinding to level up, etc. But I'm really liking this game.

It's more challenging than something like Subway Surfers, but I like the diversity in the game -- something that Temple Run and it's clones mostly lack. Haven't gotten real far in the game, but anxious to see what lies ahead at longer distances.

Definately worth a download for runner fans.

Wanted to add that I do agree with that it takes time to get into swipe controls. Tilt controls would be a nice option, but I think the swiping works fine.