Sniper Strike ($1.99) Universal -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by MrBlue, Dec 6, 2012.

1. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer

Sniper Strike

Combining the fast pace of action games with the satisfaction of a precision sniper shot, Sniper Strike offers exciting …
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Combining the fast pace of action games with the satisfaction of a precision sniper shot, Sniper Strike offers exciting gameplay like never before. You eliminate targets in six distinct and beautiful environments. Rain down chaos from afar with 5 different sniper rifles and various different mods against different targets and goals.

Video Trailer:
    http://bit.ly/SniperStrikeVideo

• Previously featured in the iTunes New & Noteworthy section!!
    • Join the 1,100,000+ other players who have played Sniper Strike!
    • Collectively, players have spent over 65 years playing Sniper Strike since its launch!
    • Game Center support for leaderboards and achievements coming soon.

REVIEWS:
    • "Sniper Strike is an awesome iPhone game and is reasonably priced at .99." - crazymikesapps.com
    • "This game is a great arcade game, and I had a lot of fun playing it." - PocketFullOfApps.com
    • "Sniper Strike is a great game..." - TouchReviews.net
    • "For a mere two bucks you get an exciting and challenging game that will put your shooting skills to the test." - findmysoft.com

FEATURES:

• Six maps:

••• Village - Small huts and stalls occupy this Village. Structures are small and low and rarely obstruct the sniper's view.
    ••• The City - Large modern buildings in this city occasionally blocks the sniper's view of ground.
    ••• Forest (iPhone only) - Big open spaces in the forest gives the sniper a clear view of everything in the vicinity.
    ••• Favela - These small isolated islands of slum structure present an unique challenge to the sniper.
    ••• Winter (iPhone only) - Cold and wet, this little outpost deep in Siberia has a surprisingly large number of residents.
    ••• War-Torn City - With the city nearly in ruins from constant conflict, a sniper rains down further chaos from above.

• 3 game-play modes:

••• Arcade - Kill the specified target! Out of crowd, you must locate and eliminate the target before time is up. Be rewarded with money to purchase rifle upgrades and equipment or lose money if you kill the wrong target!
    ••• Protect the Flag - Hands off my flag! Stop the guys from dragging your flag off the map! Upgrade your rifle to handle the increasingly difficult enemies.
    ••• Massacre - Sometimes with a sniper rifle in hand, you just have the urge to kill everyone you see. This is the perfect mode for you.
    • Unlimited game-play for each mode with progressively more difficult levels.
    • Beautiful isometric graphics
    • Multiple unique rifles and equipment upgrades.
    • OpenFeint integration with multiple leader boards.
    • 20+ integrated achievements to unlock.
    • Detailed hit summary: Head, Body, Left Arm, Right Arm, and Legs.
    • Penetrating rounds for damage to multiple targets. Varying damaging to different parts of the body.
    • Auto-save at every level.

Version History
    • 2.8 - All maps now free for iPhone. Updated "More Games" button.
    • 2.5-2.7 - Maintenance updates
    • 2.4 - Game Center support via OpenFeint
    • 2.3 - More bug fixes
    • 2.2 - Optimization and bug fix
    • 2.1 - iOS 4.0 compatibility fix
    • 2.0 - Bug fix for iPad version, added More Games button
    • 1.9 - Added native iPad support
    • 1.8 - Added Hyper Focus, reduced memory footprint
    • 1.7 - Fixed bugs and improved performance
    • 1.6 - Added Focus ability
    • 1.5 - Added auto-save.
    • 1.2 - 4 new maps, new equipment upgrades, new characters, and etc.
    • 1.1 - Fixed bugs

Sniper Strike is a registered trademark of Donoma Games, Inc.

No claim is made to the exclusive right to use “SNIPER” apart from the mark as shown.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade, Simulation
    Release:Dec 23, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Give it a shot. 1.4 million downloads and counting!

2. Sniper Strike

Combining the fast pace of action games with the satisfaction of a precision sniper shot, Sniper Strike offers exciting …
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Combining the fast pace of action games with the satisfaction of a precision sniper shot, Sniper Strike offers exciting gameplay like never before. You eliminate targets in six distinct and beautiful environments. Rain down chaos from afar with 5 different sniper rifles and various different mods against different targets and goals.

Video Trailer:
    http://bit.ly/SniperStrikeVideo

• Previously featured in the iTunes New & Noteworthy section!!
    • Join the 1,100,000+ other players who have played Sniper Strike!
    • Collectively, players have spent over 65 years playing Sniper Strike since its launch!
    • Game Center support for leaderboards and achievements coming soon.

REVIEWS:
    • "Sniper Strike is an awesome iPhone game and is reasonably priced at .99." - crazymikesapps.com
    • "This game is a great arcade game, and I had a lot of fun playing it." - PocketFullOfApps.com
    • "Sniper Strike is a great game..." - TouchReviews.net
    • "For a mere two bucks you get an exciting and challenging game that will put your shooting skills to the test." - findmysoft.com

FEATURES:

• Six maps:

••• Village - Small huts and stalls occupy this Village. Structures are small and low and rarely obstruct the sniper's view.
    ••• The City - Large modern buildings in this city occasionally blocks the sniper's view of ground.
    ••• Forest (iPhone only) - Big open spaces in the forest gives the sniper a clear view of everything in the vicinity.
    ••• Favela - These small isolated islands of slum structure present an unique challenge to the sniper.
    ••• Winter (iPhone only) - Cold and wet, this little outpost deep in Siberia has a surprisingly large number of residents.
    ••• War-Torn City - With the city nearly in ruins from constant conflict, a sniper rains down further chaos from above.

• 3 game-play modes:

••• Arcade - Kill the specified target! Out of crowd, you must locate and eliminate the target before time is up. Be rewarded with money to purchase rifle upgrades and equipment or lose money if you kill the wrong target!
    ••• Protect the Flag - Hands off my flag! Stop the guys from dragging your flag off the map! Upgrade your rifle to handle the increasingly difficult enemies.
    ••• Massacre - Sometimes with a sniper rifle in hand, you just have the urge to kill everyone you see. This is the perfect mode for you.
    • Unlimited game-play for each mode with progressively more difficult levels.
    • Beautiful isometric graphics
    • Multiple unique rifles and equipment upgrades.
    • OpenFeint integration with multiple leader boards.
    • 20+ integrated achievements to unlock.
    • Detailed hit summary: Head, Body, Left Arm, Right Arm, and Legs.
    • Penetrating rounds for damage to multiple targets. Varying damaging to different parts of the body.
    • Auto-save at every level.

Version History
    • 2.8 - All maps now free for iPhone. Updated "More Games" button.
    • 2.5-2.7 - Maintenance updates
    • 2.4 - Game Center support via OpenFeint
    • 2.3 - More bug fixes
    • 2.2 - Optimization and bug fix
    • 2.1 - iOS 4.0 compatibility fix
    • 2.0 - Bug fix for iPad version, added More Games button
    • 1.9 - Added native iPad support
    • 1.8 - Added Hyper Focus, reduced memory footprint
    • 1.7 - Fixed bugs and improved performance
    • 1.6 - Added Focus ability
    • 1.5 - Added auto-save.
    • 1.2 - 4 new maps, new equipment upgrades, new characters, and etc.
    • 1.1 - Fixed bugs

Sniper Strike is a registered trademark of Donoma Games, Inc.

No claim is made to the exclusive right to use “SNIPER” apart from the mark as shown.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Arcade, Simulation
    Release:Dec 23, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Adding appinfo=all to original post to see the description

3. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Is it worth my... er... time? Average rating has it locked in at 2.5/5 stars with over 2000 ratings.

4. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Yes it is. :)

A lot of those ratings were left in 2009 when the game hit #3 in the overall free list. I was so excited that I pushed out an update without fully testing it and that caused it to break. The game's now been through almost 20 updates in 3 yrs and it's pretty solid now. Give it a shot.

5. Well, game concept is fun and the game has a lot of potential.

Some quick comments. Arcade is misspelled in the title screen.

Default settings for controls should be left handed on and inverted on. This is how most people would play I think with their right hand as eye movement and left hand as button fire. Also the default non invert is like a flight sim, kind of weird, better inverted so it plays like a first person shooter.

Some of my shots do not seem to be picking up, maybe hit radius needs to be bigger?

The game crashes sometimes on my new ipad ios 6.0.1.

Seems like this game has a lot of potential, and I think it is worth the time to download to try out. But there are some issues that could be rectified to make it even better.

6. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Thanks for the feedback!

That's embarrassing. I miss spelled Arcade. I'll get that fixed in the next update.

re: controls
    Thanks for that. I haven't been keeping up w/ FPS trends. I'll look to get that in while preserving old settings if players have already changed it.

re: hit radius
    Is it the head shots? Any particular direction when the guy is moving (lower left, upper right, etc)?

If you don't mind sending me crash reports, I'd be very interested in seeing them. Please email me at [email protected].

Thanks for playing and coming back to leave feedback! I appreciate it.