★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super HEAVY sword - Monster Robot Studios

07-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Wow! That trailer is awesome!!
07-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Looks great! I just hope that those buttons are movable, otherwise this will not be comfortable to play on my iPad!

07-21-2014, 09:08 AM
@Bool Zero

Buttons are placable when playing on iPad.
I added that option right away because I didn't even want to test play on iPad with THAT button layout

They are fixed on iPhone because I built a sweet pinch zoom and the way I needed to code it forced fixed buttons. but I looked at the placement of more popular platformers like league of evil and matched those so it'll hopefully feel uniform/comfortable when playing on a smaller device too.

@paulkane
Thanks!

-Ash
07-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtmj View Post
@Bool Zero

Buttons are placable when playing on iPad.
I added that option right away because I didn't even want to test play on iPad with THAT button layout

They are fixed on iPhone because I built a sweet pinch zoom and the way I needed to code it forced fixed buttons. but I looked at the placement of more popular platformers like league of evil and matched those so it'll hopefully feel uniform/comfortable when playing on a smaller device too.

@paulkane
Thanks!

-Ash
Good news.
Every game seems better than the previous. Seems like you keep improving. That in mind, I'm really looking forward to this and hope its a big success.

As I minor gripe, I know you released free versions of some of the older games and still turned on iAds in the ones that you were charging for. If you could turn those off and just continue to charge for the paid version (only have ads in the free version) that'd be great. If anyone updates to a new device and re-downloads the ads appear. Had it happen when I loaded a game to my iPad to take travelling with me.
07-21-2014, 06:54 PM
@MinusZero

Thanks for the kind words!
And yes, this will just be a paid version

And thanks for reminding me! I'll post the following info into the old HEAVY sword forums as well:

I had put a failsafe to into the original HEAVY sword to block ads from people who already bought the game, but i didn't account for it being deleted/reinstalled. I've switched it back to pay version now and the IAP is set to free, so if you update to the latest version and press the shut off iAds button it will ask if you want to buy it for 0.00 cents and you'll be set from there on out even if you deleted and reinstall.

I'll also be updating The original HEAVY sword with a few new levels the same day that Super HEAVY Sword is released.

Thanks again everyone
-Ash
07-24-2014, 02:50 PM
One week to go folks!

Here is a wallpaper for anyone who might want it

pike-attacking Super HEAVY Sword - Monster Robot Studios by homeschooledmail, on Flickr

I'll have a few more details soon!
-Ash
07-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Take my money, if you add controller support ofcourse
07-29-2014, 03:11 PM
I bought my first itunes card this year mainly for this game! I also wanted the new Frederic music game once I realized it existed and then Traps n' Gems came out and that's been heavenly too.

I'm willing to be an early adopter this time around and hope this game is a rousing success with as few bugs as possible. The art work, as always, is top notch. I really enjoyed the little videos at the beginning of the thread showing some time-lapse sketches being done. Fantastic work.

Everything is still on target for this week right? Can't wait!

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.
07-29-2014, 08:54 PM
@nightc1

Yep! it's out on the 31st! and thanks so much for the support
It's people like yourself that help fight the IAP empire, and help the little guys like myself keep making games!

@terrence92
Some control support for this and the older games (HEAVY sword and Steam Punks might not be too far off

Also! just a heads up I'll be running a contest to celebrate SHS with a grand prize of a iPad mini! full details will be posted on the monster robot Facebook this thursday.

Thanks as always for the support guys! it really means a lot
here are some of the promo images I've been posting on the FB page

Super Heavy Sword - Monster Robot Studios by homeschooledmail, on Flickr

07-30-2014, 08:11 AM
Awesome. Since it launches on the 31st... that should mean it'll be on the appstore late tonight.

-nightc1
This gamer runs on premium games.