Universal Pocket Road Trip by Roofdog Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by yome, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yome

yome Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jan 5, 2010
    Game developer and founder of Roofdog Games (roofd
    Montreal
    Hi all!

I'd pleased to announce our upcoming game called Pocket Road Trip.

It is an "infinite car racing" game in a similar vein to our previous titles (Extreme Road Trip 1 and 2, Extreme Bike Trip) but it plays vertically with a single touch, and the gameplay is much, much faster.

Basic single player gameplay is to try to get as far as you can, collect new cars, fuse them to upgrade them, and repeat.

There's also an "events" mode where there is group multiplayer races with various rules.

There are over 80 cars in the game already and more will be added over time. Car attributes are randomized, so there are a lot of possible combinations and every car feel unique.

It is pretty difficult and has a very high skill ceiling. It will be free with IAPs, but like for our other games we try to be very reasonable and there's a ton of fun to be had for free. Also, if you're good you'll be able to win a lot of currency in the events.

We plan on shipping the game worldwide sometime in September.

Here's a gameplay teaser video:

Cheers!

2. yome

yome Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jan 5, 2010
    Game developer and founder of Roofdog Games (roofd
    Montreal
    Soft Launched NZ+AU

Hello,

the game has been soft launched in Australia and New Zealand. For those who are interested to try it right away but are not in those territories, here are a few promo codes:

KPWNYWRAA63L
    KJHJ77LREFKT
    63RRYMNYNH94
    HNY9R4W9L67N
    RP9RLT4N9L77
    NXPTM3PLP7AN
    3MLNTMPJPFA6
    WM9KH6R3R4JN
    AXJTL6HYJKA4
    4XNMPHRPPMHX

Please let me know what you think, and if you encounter any issues.

Cheers!

3. Bandit TA

Bandit TA Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Auckland, New Zealand
    So I downloaded the game and it is very interesting.
    When I started the first round it was much more fast paced then I thought it would be. The controls are nice with tapping to spin and swiping to land. From playing a few rounds I know it will take a while to get used to.
    Currency wise there are two different currencies, Gold and Cash, used to purchase many things. Instead of having just one car and using that car every round, each time you crash you have to wait a certain amount of time for it to be repaired, although you can still carry on with another car. There is a fuel system in the game meaning along with the cars there are two things to wait for. The music is nice and the sound is good. Haven't tried any Multiplayer features but will give them a go.
    Overall I like this game and is fun for pick up and play action. IAP seems reasonable as well. I would suggest trying this game to see if you like it and because it's free you ain't losing anything. :)

4. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    I've redeemed AXJTL6HYJKA4. Thanks. I will report back when I've had a chance to play for a bit :)

5. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Redeemed WM9KH6R3R4JN thanks!