iPhone Quarriors is coming to iPad [Dec 2013]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MrMojoRisin, Nov 11, 2013.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Published: November 4th, 2013

Game creator WizKids/NECA today announce the upcoming release of Quarriors! compatible with iPad®, based on the hit original dice building game Quarriors!, created by Mike Elliot and Eric M. Lang. Since its release in 2011, Quarriors! has received several awards, including Most Innovative Game of the Year in 2011 by Dice Tower. It has also been nominated for many awards, such as Best Family Game by Games Magazine Awards in 2012. The digital release is slated for November in the US.

“The iPad version will be more accessible and reach a whole new audience while still being the fun and outstanding game current players love,” said Justin Ziran, president of WizKids.

The game offers single player and 2 to 4 player online and offline Multi-player and Pass-n-play action! For ages 14 and up, Quarriors! is a unique blend of strategy and chance featuring a revolutionary dice building game mechanic! As a Quarrior! – a mighty mystical warrior – only you have the power to capture dangerous Quarry from the untamed wilds! But your rivals plot against you! They will send their own Creatures and Spells to destroy your Quarry before you can deliver them to Empress Quiana and claim your reward! Summon your Creatures and protect them from your foes and you will earn Glory for yourself. The first player to earn enough Glory will be hailed as the Champion of the Empress. Deck building strategy without the tedium of shuffling!

Features include:

•Full and faithful transliteration of the original dice building board game Quarriors! by Mike Elliot and Eric M. Lang.
    •Single player and up to 4 player Multi-player and Pass-n-play modes.
    •Full tutorial included.
    •Automatic scoring and rules enforcement.
    •Challenging strategic gameplay.
    •Immersive sounds, art and engaging special effects bring the tabletop game to life!
    •Compatible with iPad (2nd Generation), iPad (3rd Generation), iPad (4th Generation) and iPad Mini running iOS 5.1 or greater.

For more information on Quarriors! for iPad®, visit www.quarriorsgame.com.

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Some screenshots or trailers?

3. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. thedemographic

thedemographic Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Wow! Quarriors and Lords of Waterdeep in the same month. The screenshots look really good. I think my only concern is how well the multiplayer is implemented.

5. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I'm sure this is going to be awesome, but I'll miss fiddling with all the physical dice. Guess I won't have to hunt under tables when I play this version.

6. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    LOL, ya, there is the whole "where did that one go?" aspect of playing these games physically that I DO NOT miss.

7. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Anyone know when this is coming out?

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Mental preorder made! Buying on release! Had me at boardgame!

9. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

The same question. It look really nice.

10. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Great. Love the game and it definitely well suited for the iPad. Hopefully they might even release new expansions!!

11. thedemographic

Jul 7, 2010
    Why does the topic now say December? Did they push back the release date?

12. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    LOL, I made this topic, but I didn't edit the title.

13. thedemographic

Jul 7, 2010
    I wonder if this is still coming out in November. They have been mostly silent since the announcement at the beginning of the month.