Programmer Needed for time-management / resouce management game (No 3D!)

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Emoticon, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Emoticon

Emoticon New Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #1 Emoticon, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    I'm looking for a partner with programming skills to help me make a game I've been penciling out. I don't want to give my idea out too obviously, but what I have in mind is a 2D (no 3D engine experience needed) game based on managing resources and trying to transport those resources as efficently as possible through levels about 3-5 mins long that get progressively harder. I want this game to be the sort of game that the player can just pick up and play whenever and aren't locked into lengthy playing sessions. I would also like someone who could help me build a basic RPG style upgrade system to upgrade the player's capacity to handle resources. I have very limited experience with programming, but I'm pretty sure this project would be fairly easy for an intermediate programmer to code will not need an overly complex AI system. I am offering to do all of the artwork and some of the sound design. I don't have the money to pay someone, but I'd be perfectly happy to create a 50-50 partnership agreement with you of any profit this idea might make on the App Store.

Thanks for hearing me out! I hope to hear from you and I'm positive this will be fairly easy and worth your time!

[EDIT] I should also add that the combination of genres this game will have it currently has no other current competing apps.

2. coinbump

coinbump Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Developer
    I think you're going to have a hard time finding an iPhone developer willing to work for free. There are so many companies hiring iPhone developers right now, and those who aren't taking projects work on their own apps.

Your best bet is probably to find someone in college who is looking for something to boost their resume, good luck.

3. sumiguchi

sumiguchi Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Developer (Business Apps)
    Canada
    How about some samples of the artwork and sounds that you are creating?

4. konop

konop Active Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Do you have art assets that you are working with or just an idea?