Help on Hoggy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Aylek, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Aylek

Aylek Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Anyone know how to finish the red jar on door 14?

this is killing with other level like the ice level.

2. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    #2 globbits, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
    Which level was that? Was it the one with the 5 up/down blocks, the robot and the bomb in the bottom left corner?

Unfortunately, once you've gone through a door, it vanishes so it's hard to remember where door 14 was.

Edit: has anyone worked out how to complete the ice level? I've got the same problem as the person playing it in the video on the touch arcade review, i.e. the block slides too quickly. Once in a while the block will slide slowly, but I can't work out what caused it.

3. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Yes, That's the Level, Red Jar Door 14 = 5 Up/Down Blocks and a Robot, I'm stuck on that one as well as the Ice Cube one, this game's Logic is pissing me off lol.

4. globbits

Jul 24, 2009
    #4 globbits, Dec 13, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
    OK, I'm having to do this from memory, so bear with me if I get something wrong.

Release the robot. Move under the middle of the left two blocks, and when the robot just starts to move over those blocks, jump up and push them both at the same time. Quickly jump back down, and then push up the middle block by itself, then quickly jump down and push up both the two right blocks at the same time. Hopefully, you should now have raised all 5 blocks 1 step with the robot still moving around above them. Now just repeat the same steps - left two blocks together, middle block, right two blocks together. To finish, just push up the right most two blocks up one more as the robot gets to them, so it bashes through the green block in the corner.

The timing is a little bit tight, and if you're not quite quick enough on the middle block, sometimes the robot will fall through it or die. But you'll get there eventually. :)

Luckily, you don't seem to need the key from the ice level for a while - I've got up to the 32 door already without it.

5. Izzard

Izzard New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    It's how you hit the ice: if you drop vertically down onto it from a stationary position, you will slide quickly. If you are running along the ceiling when you jump down, you'll slide slowly.

Doesn't make much sense, but that's the answer!

6. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It worked lol!

7. globbits

Jul 24, 2009
    Yes you're right, it doesn't make sense but it works! Thanks for your help :)

Now to start on the outside levels.

8. Aylek

Aylek Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Ya I finished that
    level after the 20th try....how I did it:
    1. Release robot
    2. Let it go around once and when it goes left on the first two blocks, move the blocks up.
    3. Move the middle blocks when the robot is going to the right and finish moving the last block up and you have 3 more levels to go if I remember...hard to explain.

But ya the ice level is pissing me off with some other levels like the final level.

The last door sucks lol

9. Bornblonde44

Bornblonde44 New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I need help on the level where you jump up and hit the color box.... And there's bombs and you have the little green guy walking

10. haakon

haakon New Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Anybody know how to beat the jar with the white fluffy guy on the top left, and the robot on the top right?

There is a red button that releases the robot, but he always hits the bomb block on the left side of the screen. He needs to hit the bomb block on the right side in order to get to the fruit.

:confused:

11. ArPak

ArPak Member

Jun 20, 2010
    #11 ArPak, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
    You have to time it... Time it so that when u hit the release button and the robot comes down he gets hit by the white fluffy guy's white balls... That way he will go right instead of left =)

This is from pure memory as I finished the game already and can;'t access the finished levels....

As for you, I cant remember exactly the sequence to solve this but if you think logically about it.. theres only one way for you to walk to the cherry(?) and that straight to it while sticking on the top after you've hit the color box... Try thinking about that from this perspective... Hope I helped =)