On the topic of a possible TA Forums Recommendation thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JCho133, Jan 21, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So guys. Let's talk.

2. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I just saw undeadcows post in my opinion thread. I think I'm leaning towards him at the moment

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #3 undeadcow, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    To recap, suggestions include:

"What Should I Get?" Recommendation thread - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=118125

User Reviews subforum - http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

"Underplayed Games & Hidden Gems" thread - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=125221

"Game of the Week" thread/poll for new releases http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=216000

...also core game threads, people often look for impressions there and it wouldn't hurt to have something more than "zomg cool grfx" or "no Game Center fail."

To be clear I am a fan of JCho's personal recommendation thread to continue as long as he can sustain it.

4. What are we talking about? If it is allowed for people to have their own threads? Or to have all of them in a giant thread like this?

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    That's basically how I feel. Bronxstas idea is something that I think we should consider, but we should also be realistic as to what the thread could soon become. I don't want to be greedy or a party pooper haha

I would be absolutely flattered to become a figure that you describe, and would love to keep doing the thread as I did today

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    2nd one. You'll see Bronxstas post at the end of my thread

7. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Alrighty, thread closed! TA F R thread is a no go

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

That User Review forum - last three threads were in November, before that August, has very very few viewers

What I Should Get responses are usually just listing games, not much depth or discussion

Underplayed posts never really discuss current or recent games and the posts are usually recommendations, not discussion about those recommendations

GOTY posts are usually lists of games and then maybe a sentence or two about what someone voted for. Not much discussion

Just saying

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah I mean, that's precisely the problem. Personally I think we should hold off on anything and let my thread gestate a little

10. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    There a ton of people's opinions I respect on here, and I get most of my games from reading others posts for various threads, I'd love to have the main offenders recommendations and thoughts about their most played games of the week etc in one place, eit seems a few posters have thought about starting similar thread butworryabout time etc, soooo this is just an idea and it probably silly but how about anyone who is interested get together and start a group blog? You could have a different person blog about their opinions of recent purchases, most played games of the week, worst ever purchases, fave games of each genre etcon each day if the week, or even once a month, whatever individuals have time for. People get to talk about the games they want to, it's all in one place without taking over any personal threads.

I've not slept in a few nights now so not thinking straight but just wanted to share the idea.