Glu Glyder: How to reach 5 000m?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Frenchy Jeep22, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Frenchy Jeep22

Frenchy Jeep22 New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    physician
    Britanny/ FRance
    Hi everybody

Glyder is defenitely a great game but....
    I' ve finished all challenges but one: reaching the 5 km altitude.

That is, if I use Musrooms fan, it rise me up above the satellite but only 3700m ceiling;
    So, where is a thermal up to 5000?
    I tried to fly from the Mushrooms ceiling to above the rift, valley, the pinnacle, Ambrosia and the lost kingdom but see nothing.

And , one more thing, thermals above the rift valley (central peak) does not rise although i'm flying rigth through it so my wings are a bit lighted by the flow, is it a bug?
    :confused:

I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission
    HAL (2001)

2. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    I think I read somewhere that if you go up extremely high, then dive drop and rise again, you'll gain altitude.
    I haven't gotten the 5 km mark either though.

3. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    It's not that hard. Takes time though. Look at the speed thing in the right corner. There's an arrow. As you go up, the arrow goes down until it asks you to dive to get speed. Once this happens, dive down until the arrow is 70% to max. Then climb until it ask you to dive to get speed. Rinse and repeat. Diving down to 70% is actually less than climbing up. So you'll slowly get higher and higher.

4. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Why so curious?
  5. Frenchy Jeep22

Frenchy Jeep22 New Member

Aug 12, 2009
    physician
    Britanny/ FRance
    Thanks much indeed
    I was thinkins too much in a "classical" energy way, where gliding down and up bleeds a little cinetic energy
    Frenchy Jeep