Looking for developer!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by ZAck14532, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ZAck14532

ZAck14532 Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I have two great Ideas for apps, well at least I think so. I'm looking for a profit sharing arrangement or even just giving all the money to you... Pm me if you are interested I do the art my self.

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    how about some samples of your artwork to show them that you are not joking?

3. ZAck14532

ZAck14532 Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Here are some of the art.... [​IMG] and [​IMG] For my First Idea.

4. racingspider

racingspider Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with this is that most developers have their own ideas to implement. You might be best served by learning how to program.
    Ideas are easy.
    Implementation is the trick.

And that's just the "stand-in" art, right? Because... they don't match. You'll need consistency in the art your game uses, otherwise it looks like a mashup.
    Good luck, though!

5. ZAck14532

ZAck14532 Member

Aug 11, 2009
    I can't learn how to program because i don't have a mac, and yeah thats just the stand in art. The other art ideas i had for my other game is here.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Its more of a "snake" game

6. racingspider

racingspider Well-Known Member

As odd as it is, I'm going to quote myself

You would best be served by learning to program. You don't have to learn ON a Mac. You can learn C on any kind of computer. iPhone uses Objective C. Objective C is close enough to C that what you learn will be useful.

I don't mean to be rude, and I don't want to stomp on your dreams, but you ALONE can make it happen. If you really don't want to learn programming, there are things you can still do.

You'll need a VERY detailed concept document first. A concept document will go into detail on what you're trying to achieve in the game. This will give people (developers) something to grab onto and decide if it worth their time.

The sample art does nothing for that. You'll need back story, the setting, descriptions of the characters, descriptions of HOW you play, etc etc etc. You'll need to mock up the screens - there's a lot of work just to get from an idea to concept document.

So, start at making a concept document. Make a new post that gives a tiny blurb about your game idea and say that you have a full concept document ready. That will get you more attention and people will know you've already worked on it. That's important. No one wants to work with someone who just spits out an "idea".

Your next step is concept document. I'm repeating so you understand thoroughly and understand how important it is.

7. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Quoting yourself is not odd, it establishes emphasis.

8. saintsalive

saintsalive Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Playing pocket god! Oh, and other games.
    Pygmy Island
    Dude, you're not gonna get anywhere. Remember what happened with me and Blinks? And what I told you... You should also mention you want it programmed for free because I know you do.