Universal Dead Hunt with procedural item, infinite level similar to diablo 3

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by IllogicalGames, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    #1 IllogicalGames, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    Dead Hunt
    By Illogical Games

Name: Dead Hunt
    Publisher: Illogical Games
    Email: [email protected]
    Category: Action/Role-playing
    Rating: ESRB 12
    Release Date: december 17th 2014
    Price: FREE

APP BLOGGER, DOWNLOAD THE PRESS KIT HERE : http://bit.ly/15Ot0SK

Shooter gameplay like Minigore, item grinding like Diablo

OVERVIEW

Zombies are overwhelming all over the world. there is no safe place yet. Prepare to be surrounded. Do you have what it takes to survive the apocalypse? Dead hunt is an action-rpg games set in post apocalypse era. Battle waves of zombies in this exciting action-rpg games. Dead hunt features;

MODERN RPG GAMES RPG
    game without level cap. Endless character customization. Items and equipments are generated procedurally, meaning you wont find 2 items identical.

UNIQUE GAMEPLAY
    Unique zombie type and skills. Consecutive kills lead to chain, multiple chains lead to higher points. Kill streak within 3 seconds lead to combo, multiple combo lead to higher points. Points are multiplied by combos and chains. Develop your own strategy to keep combo/chain count up.

STRATEGY
    Some enemies need to be killed from far. Need to avoid area of effect elements. Call down orbital strike or deploy down automated turret. Avoid losing chains and combos. Kite enemies to perform huge combos.

NO BUZZKILL
    No energy bar, no fuel, no waiting. play the game whenever you want, wherever you want. Best part is, no premium items. all items can be obtained without using real money. Money is only optional.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: What makes Dead Hunt different from any other RPG games out there?
    A: Its not very different from other mindless killing RPG except that in Dead Hunt there is no level limit. You can go beyond level 100, 1000, or 10,000 or more if you really have the time and enjoys killing monsters for no apparent reasons.

Q: If the game could go beyond infinite levels, what makes player to come back again and again playing this game? Don't they get bored doing same thing over and over again?
    A: That's the beauty of Dead Hunt. We developed Dead Hunt with a complex algorithm that generates item procedurally. This will bring uniqueness to each of the items found in Dead Hunt. The possibilities of finding 2 exact items are near impossible.

Q: Why are you doing this?
    A: That's what makes Dead Hunt different from other RPG games on the appstore. We don't like to set paths for players to play Dead Hunt. Instead, we create an open routes which players have the freedom to finish the game with how they wanted. Instead of fixing each item's attributes and forcing player to use specific item for specific task, we develop this algorithm to bring freedom to player to choose.

Q: Sounds like familiar to me. Is there any other game that Dead Hunt is referenced to?
    A: Yes, Diablo series, Torchlight, Borderlands, Fallout. We liked the concept of procedural items in these games and we're bringing the concept to IOS.

Q: Ok, so the game is endless, players keep coming back. So far the game is great. Is there any other elements?
    A: Ah yes, I forgot to mention. We integrated Everyplay into the game so that players could show off their crazy DPS or legendary gear or pro gameplay style.

Q: Great, whats the plan for the future?
    A: In the future we planned to add more items and if we gathered large user base, we could go with in-game tournaments where players could compete against each other for the fastest clear times, world ranking leaderboard showing who reached the highest level, since the game is infinite, this would be very interesting to see and the competition must be very aggressive.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Promo.jpg
      Promo.jpg
      File size:
      182.7 KB
      Views:
    • ss1.jpg
      ss1.jpg
      File size:
      124.3 KB
      Views:
    • ss2.jpg
      ss2.jpg
      File size:
      109 KB
      Views:
    • ss3.jpg
      ss3.jpg
      File size:
      119.8 KB
      Views:
    • ss4.jpg
      ss4.jpg
      File size:
      89.3 KB
      Views:
    • ss5.jpg
      ss5.jpg
      File size:
      103.6 KB
      Views:
    • ss6.jpg
      ss6.jpg
      File size:
      112.8 KB
      Views:
    • ss7.jpg
      ss7.jpg
      File size:
      90.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    This actually looks fun.

3. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Played this on Windows Phone ... it's a great game.

4. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Well , for me, I'm not really getting a Diablo or torchlight vibe from
    watching this trailer. I get more of a mingore , crimson land type of shooter feeling.

Granted , there may be bigger areas to move around it, but this kind of
    gameplay might get boring quickly.

This , of course , is coming from someone who did not get into minigore.

I'm more of a dungeon hunter, orcs vengeance player.

Of course, this was a really short trailer, so I will wait to see more in the
    future.

5. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    Yes you are right. the gameplay is more like minigore, crimsonland type of shooter. what i was meant by diablo 3 is, the items in the game. We simply develop an algorithm that is similar to RNG (Random Number Generator) you see in diablo, fallout, torchlight.

this is the feature that i mean that is like diablo. its kinda like mixing the gameplay of minigore, and the customization of diablo.

and also, the game doesnt end when its end, you just level up, getting more powerful item chances, stronger enemies, more money to spend and harder challenges. there is no level limit. you could go beyond level 100, 200,1000, if you really get into this game.

6. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    we've daily reward to the game which will give you free token for each first login of the day

7. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Is it soft launched anywhere already? :)
    I would like to give it a try.

8. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    yes, you can check out the windows version on the windows store. it was released on the windows store first. but i wouldn't recommend you playing the windows store version because it was outdated, the price is too expensive, and there was an error in its algorithm that gives you too powerful or too weak items. i will update the windows version as soon after the IOS is launched. i am currently too busy with the IOS launch.

on the upcoming ios version, i have improved the algorithm, the price was just right, and there were major fix on the skills. and i have added achievements that record everything you do in the game.

9. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Is this a small arena based shooter or a larger city to move around in?

Thanks

10. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    its an arena based. the aim of this game is not exploration like most dungeon crawler. its just pure dinasty warrior spell spam, and casting AOE on the monsters and watch your combo goes up.

and since everyone not getting the same item/gear, you can show off your crazy DPS on everyplay and brag. ill add some more legendary items into the game .

11. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I´m on iOS only, so i have to wait for the release.

12. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #12 pinOi32, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    What is the minimum iOS version needed to play this game? Hopefully this game will be able to run on an iPod Touch 4...

Also, just an opinion or two... It would probably be better to change the placement of the combo text and make it a little smaller. Oh, and please put an option where you can reduce the ingame effects (from full to none) so that you can reduce the lag if there happens to be any. Lastly, please include an option that will allow you to change the visibility and/or size of the joystick controls; also include the ability to change controls to floating instead of fixed.

Anyways, looking forward to your game. Looks great! :D

13. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Can't wait looks like it will be a fun game.

Next project idea; a serious sam type game :)

14. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    the minimum ios version required to play this game is 6.0. unfortunately the game needs minimum 512mb ram and ipod touch 4 only have 256mb ram. im not sure if the game could run on your device, but if it could, it'll probably lag.

ill take a look into the combo placement. thanks for letting me know.

thats a good idea, i should put an option to reduce game effects so that users have the flexibility to change it. ill take a look into it, thanks for your suggestion.

about the joystick, its floating stick and not fixed, so you should not worry about it :)

15. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Could you show us some sample weapons and gear? And what's the highest level your testers have gotten up to on their own?

16. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Can this game be played offline or is an internet connection required to play?

17. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    you dont need internet connection to play :):):)

18. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    sure.. here it is. remember, this is not fixed, the attributes is randomly generated.

our beta testers have reached highest level of 16. but i personally have played the game on level 100, and 1000. (i skipped the leveling part :) )
    and you wouldnt believe how crazy the game is on level 100.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014
    got that insane damage per second? a near perma-stun bullet? or bullet with 45% chance to explode on impact? you can show off and brag your replays on everyplay.

20. IllogicalGames

Dec 4, 2014