Games like Final Fantasy Tactic

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by xdanleex, Jan 24, 2010.

1. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    #1 xdanleex, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    okay there is Rebirth of Fortune for 0.99. very tempting
    song summoner 9.99 pretty expensive, wait for my new gift card
    and what else?
    crap... its in the wrong forum area. please move... didn't read which forum area i was

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    First off -- thread is in the wrong topic. But I'm betting you know that already ;).

Rebirth of Fortune is a neat title, but compared to FFT or Disgaea, it's very shallow. Take FFT, remove the story, remove the characters, and keep the grid-based tactical combat (minus terrain) and you get RoF. That said, the game is surprisingly polished for a .99 title. The graphics are nice, the leveling system is well done, and the AI is not thoroughly stupid.

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I agree, Rebirth of Fortune is a great game.

I actually kinda prefer it to FFT in some ways. When playing FFT, you just know you're in for an epic journey, similar to when starting any long RPG, with story, character, shops, etc2. Sometimes I just don't feel like investing lots of time.

Take The Quest (iPhone) or FF4 (DS) for example. Those are not pickup and play game because you'll have to invest hours and hours into it.

For me Rebirth of Fortune is perfect as it gets down to business without all the 'unnecessary' stuffs. It has different classes which we can upgrade and some nice strategy elements into it.

4. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    okay i bought rebirth of fortune

5. Evilblackout2

Evilblackout2 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Computer Tech
    Los Angeles, California
    song summoner is really amazing love it even though it's expensive it's worth it.

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Agreed. Song Summoner is a great turn-based strategy game.