★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Pixels View Post
I've been looking forward to creating this thread for weeks (I've even been talking about the creation of this thread in the game's promo codes thread) ... but I've been waiting for the game's release in the US/UK, so yes, Sanuku beat me to it.

Please let me know if I've gone wrong, and if so, please accept my apologies and delete this thread.
I don`t see anything wrong in it if you prefer it that Way and I`m sure the TA-Staff will see it the same Way
06-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I don`t see anything wrong in it if you prefer it that Way and I`m sure the TA-Staff will see it the same Way
Thanks Sanuku : ) ... Great game play footage btw and a pretty good first score too!

06-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Pixels View Post
Thanks, hope you like the game : )

As for Super Stardust HD ... Darkside was actually first released in 2007 for the PC. The first I'd heard of Stardust was two weeks before Darkside's release (a fellow developer told me to take a look after seeing my demo).

I was gutted the games looked so similar, assuming Id not be able to release my game, which I'd started over a year before! Thankfully, the developer of Stardust was great, appreciated Darkside was not a clone, and was happy for me to continue.

I didnt get to play Stardust for another year after Darksides release (it was on the PS3), so I can comfortably say the game was not an influence.

Thanks again!
Sall good man, im glad the guys at housemarque were cool with you, looking forward to this when it comes out in us...
06-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Dual stick shooter by the dev of Kitten Sanctuary? Sold. (For the record, I would have preferred standalone lite/full versions though.)
06-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Dual stick shooter by the dev of Kitten Sanctuary? Sold. (For the record, I would have preferred standalone lite/full versions though.)
I think free/pay to unlock works better, you don't have to delete the lite version and download the full version only to lose progress.
06-25-2012, 02:03 PM
this looks killer , theres a certain void of the synthetic variety who would love this game lol! needs to come out in usa now!
06-25-2012, 02:09 PM
the ops should merge both threads and keep this one for the dev...
06-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Understood. My decision to go for a single 'unlock' IAP was because the Lite edition of Kitten Sanctuary didn't do anything. All the promotional focus was on the full version, so most players would have been forced to decide whether they liked the game or not based solely on the App Store page.

This way, players can play the game for as long as they want (there's Game Center support and no ads) and the single IAP is there instead of the upfront purchase price the game would've had if I'd gone the lite/full route : )

Thanks for mentioning Kitten Sanctuary btw (link to the Lite edition below) ; )
06-25-2012, 02:13 PM
One thing I love about this game is how it's nice to have a variety of both flying and walking enemies. The three-dimensional aspect is more than just giving it perspective. You've got walking spider-type enemies and giant bosses as well as buildings and stuff on the surface of the planets to deal with.

It's not the standard run-of-the-mill DSS with just shapes coming at you. And blasting away an asteroid isn't always the best approach (depending on the mission) because the little pieces that fly out when you blow it up can hit and damage you as well.

Not sure how much enemy variety comes in the Arcade mode (played a bunch of waves and was impressed enough to buy the full game). But in the mission mode, things get pretty hectic in certain levels. I found myself bouncing off towers, asteroids and enemies leading to my demise.

Am more and more impressed as I play with the graphical detail. Also requires some more tactical approaches depending on the mission than just blowing apart everything in sight.
06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
One thing I love about this game is how it's nice to have a variety of both flying and walking enemies. The three-dimensional aspect is more than just giving it perspective. You've got walking spider-type enemies and giant bosses as well as buildings and stuff on the surface of the planets to deal with.

It's not the standard run-of-the-mill DSS with just shapes coming at you. And blasting away an asteroid isn't always the best approach (depending on the mission) because the little pieces that fly out when you blow it up can hit and damage you as well.

Not sure how much enemy variety comes in the Arcade mode (played a bunch of waves and was impressed enough to buy the full game). But in the mission mode, things get pretty hectic in certain levels. I found myself bouncing off towers, asteroids and enemies leading to my demise.

Am more and more impressed as I play with the graphical detail. Also requires some more tactical approaches depending on the mission than just blowing apart everything in sight.
nice!!!!! cant wait till it comes out in the us, also there is a crappy puzzle game called darkside in the appstore i didnt know if you knew that or not...

Last edited by Delusionaltool; 06-25-2012 at 02:54 PM.