★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Do Not Beg/Ask for Promo Codes

06-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
That's right, and that's exactly why I don't leave reviews in the App Store for the most part (unless a dev asks me too). Too much garbage to be useful, and their 'rating' system is a joke. And trust me, if I annoy the devs it's not going to be because I'm asking for promo codes

Just to be perfectly clear to everyone, I am on your side about not annoying the devs. So please, no hate-PMs from anyone
What if you have a blog where you review iOS games, wouldn't that make you legit.
06-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mctron View Post
What if you have a blog where you review iOS games, wouldn't that make you legit.
Are you kidding? You quoted a two year old post?
06-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Are you kidding? You quoted a two year old post?
Lol, I almost commented on that earlier. Weird.....or just didn't realize how old that post was.
07-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
I agree. There are all these new members joining and ruining the forums. Thank you for stepping in and putting a stop to this. It's crazy that a dev post a video of their game and the first 20 responses are from junior members hoping to score a free game. Let me ask you this. Is it possible for you to create a senior member forum for people who have been here for over a month and have over 200 posts? I as well as many other members would love that, it would be a place for all of us experienced members to talk about whatever.
I'm a new user to this forum. I have been in many forums such as Halo Reach forums, OpenFeint, Bulletstorm forums and more. Am I under that category? (been a member of OF for 3 years and and bungie 2 years)
Anyway, a little harsh though. If they constantly beg, than definitely. but once shouldn't be permanent..
07-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
I'm a new user to this forum. I have been in many forums such as Halo Reach forums, OpenFeint, Bulletstorm forums and more. Am I under that category? (been a member of OF for 3 years and and bungie 2 years)
Anyway, a little harsh though. If they constantly beg, than definitely. but once shouldn't be permanent..
+1 Always give yourself one chance, eh?