★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the code dude!
Basically I'm gonna go ahead and agree with people here that this is a game done well. It's really fun and basically its just one big world as opposed to their other game World of Cubes which are different worlds. I really enjoy playing and exploring what others build. Just a few suggestions:

1) Going on with what peeps are saying, the walking speed and flying speed should be increased. Feels a bit slow.

2) Maybe make it where we can teleport to people using the coordinates to make traveling a bit easier?

3) Custom skins! It would be awesome if we can make our own skins or even use skins from our friends!

But in all, still one great game. Definitely check it out.
04-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSupah View Post
Peter can you PM me a code? I will give impressions. Been itching for a MMO sandbox survival game.
Hi,

Sent you a promo code in PM. Waiting for your impression and feedback. Also should you have any questions feel free to ask.

04-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter2000 View Post
Hi,

Sent you a promo code in PM. Waiting for your impression and feedback. Also should you have any questions feel free to ask.
Gonna PM you my feedback. Also got 1 question.
04-09-2014, 08:12 PM
So is this game any good or what? I've played some other Minecraft like games and don't like them that much but this looks interesting.
04-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the code!
Game is really fun! Enjoyed flying around and chatting with people, controls are really really good!
Runs smooth on iPad Air, dunno about my iPhone 4 though, can post that soon.
My question is what does the little man icon mean in the corner?
Also is there combat at all? What updates do you guys have in mind?
I'll give another update after playing some more
04-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Sent you a PM.
04-09-2014, 10:33 PM
For some reason it won't let me rate the game on the App Store.
04-10-2014, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retero View Post
For some reason it won't let me rate the game on the App Store.
If you were given a promotional code, you will be unable to rate on the AppStore. This is to prevent a sort of "payoff" to people for good reviews.

To the dev(s): My friend and I were discussing this game, and we understand how the world can be infinite, as it's always changing, and repairing itself, to be modified once again. What we are curious about, is to how you manage to have an unlimited number of people on the game at the same time. You said you can chat with people in your draw distance, or whatnot; so I'm assuming that as you move throughout the world, which syncs as one big server, you are passing from one mini server to another? Because having an unlimited amount of players on one server, well, that just seems downright impossible!

As for our characters, do our names get reserved? I think that would be a good idea. Also, a skin editor would be fantastic as well. Having 20 character skins to choose from is nice, but it will eventually get boring for everyone, and I don't want to look like every other player. Perhaps you could add an "area lock" iap such as the recent 2D mining titles Deepworld and Growtopia. For a limited amount of time, a certain amount of space is yours to own and will be protected. Depending upon the payment via iap, that will result in how long your area stays yours, and how wide the area is. Just an idea. I'll be back with more feedback if I come up with anything else. Until then!

EDIT: I also just realized that you are the developer of World of Cubes, which I also got free a long time ago. Is it necessary for consumers to have one over another, or are they the same? They appear to be virtually identical; however I haven't played "World" since it first came out all that time ago.

Last edited by repapermunky; 04-10-2014 at 01:18 AM.
04-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Oh man this looks awesome! I'll have to wait until I get an iTunes card, and this will be the first one I buy!
04-10-2014, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Ok thanks. I imagine your goal is to build. Hopefully there are other elements too.
You are right. In this version you can only build. But this is only the start. Right mow we are working on implementing global online Survival with unlimited amount of players in one single global infinite map shared among all players.