★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-15-2014, 08:13 AM
Love these types of games.
Could I please have a code 👍
I'll post impressions in the game thread
Thanks
06-15-2014, 09:02 AM
None of the codes work!

06-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Impressions so far:

While this game may seem like a great minecraft clone it is missing some very basic block ability that I believe hurts the game amd it's creativity, especially considering it is meant just to build. These things include
All blocks break at the same speed (leaves and stone will take the same amount of time to break)
You cannot place over items such as mushrooms (you must first remove the mushroom to place any block in its place instead of being able to instantly overwrite it)
Items such as tiles cannot be placed on the top "edge" of another block, only the lower section
Multiple doors cannot be placed to open separate ways creating a large entrance.
Movement is slow, but water movement is even worse, literally feeling like a crawl. I personally can handle the regular movement but water movement is absurd.
Moving slightly sometimes cancels breaking a block which already is slow.
If you place a block in the wrong spot (or any block that is) it is around 4-5 seconds to remove it, way to long

However there are some good aspects to the game:
Community is there, though seemingly it's a younger crowd and not a huge surprise with this type of Game
Block placement works well with a good range
Coordinates make it easy to travel and know where you've been working
Teleport is very nice
Chat seems alright, though I've not used it but once.
Zoned areas helps slow the spam from other players

Pretty much if you like building on a casual level this game could be for you. However, if you're one of those minecraft or survival craft players that believe in sophisticated structures I fear you would be agitated with the block breaking time, tile placement, door placement and maybe some other minor things that could be fixed by the dev.
12-03-2014, 10:19 PM
I thought world of cubes was a great game. Can I please have a code. I will make a review for what I think about the game
06-23-2016, 07:07 AM
Huge Updates to version 2.3 and FREE on iOS

Hi All,

The game was updated to version 2.3 recently with TONS of new features and we are making it as the FREE download on iOS for the first time ever!

With more then 10 millions of downloads on Google Play we expect this becoming the same success on iOS platform as the FREE download. Enjoy and post your suggestions / feedback.

Youtube Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0rG5JWwBL0

List of the new features and changes since our last post in 2014:

- We have implemented NEW and EXCITED functionality where you can now rent your own pieces of the Planet – chunks! One chunk is square area of 16 x 16 blocks and 256 blocks of height!
- Rent as many chunks as you want! Only you can modify your own chunks until their rental is not expired!
- The game now has 2 modes: "show my chunks" mode and "hide my chunks" mode. When you turn on "show my chunks" mode the entire Planet of Cubes is shown in grey color except your own chunks
- Blocks removal speed is 3 times quicker on your own chunks.
- Watch out chunk rentals expiration and prolong your rentals - otherwise someone else can rent your chunks after they have expired! Get notifications when some of your chunk rentals expire!
- See all available chunks around you any time using “Rent Chunk” menu
- Name, teleport or delete your own chunks in the My Chunks screen.
- Unlimited number of teleports to your own chunks
- Added HUD highlights:
- RED: you can’t build here. You are either in Spawn Zone or on the chunks that belongs to other user
- WHITE: you can build here but your changes will roll back soon
- GREEN: your own chunk, only you can build here until its rental not expired
- See directions out of the spawn zone in order to start building
- Controls improvement. Added option for horizontal movement.
- Added support for day time and night time. The night takes approximately 7-10 minutes depending on the user's current map coordinates.
- Added new Texture pack – Medieval
- Added 7 new skin packs! Every skin pack has 24 skins which totals to 168 NEW skins!
- Added Russian localization
- Added customizable chat history window! Now you can re-size chat history window! Also you can now show/hide or clear chat contents any time!
- Added Chat Parental Control feature. Dear parents, now you can password protect chat for your children!
- Added ability to login with a Facebook to the game
- Added ability to post screenshots from the game to Facebook. Use new photo camera button for this.
- Added ability to record videos in the game using Everyplay service. Record and post videos to Everyplay site using the new video camera button.
- Added In-Game Store! Now you can buy different staff to customize your gaming experience
- Earn FREE coins by login to your Facebook account!
- Earn DAILY FREE coins by playing the game every day!
- View Distance range can now be changed during the game!
- Added new background and splash images
- Added new animations (torch, character walking )
- Help button on the main screen now shows Game Tutorial using cartoon images - easy and fun learning how to play the game!
- Added More Info button [ ? ] at the left top of the main screen
- Scroll and zoom optimization of the MAP of the Planet

Last edited by Peter2000; 04-21-2017 at 01:35 PM.
04-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Version 3.3 Released on iOS with Survival Multiplayer in the Massive Open World

Hello everybody,

Finally we have released long awaited SURVIVAL MULTIPLAYER MODE on Apple Store and made it FREE for you!

We invite you to join the virtual world of Online Survival Multiplayer Games where YOU can mine resources, farm plants, breed animals, hunt on passive and aggressive mobs, explode tnt, shoot from bow, snowball, make different traps, brew potions and create your small or huge base alone, with your real friends or cooperate with players from all over the world.

Use new cool feature – Buddy/Friend List to add players into the List and not to miss them in the massive infinite world. You can message your friends from the Friend List privately and teleport to them instantly. Also you can write message to the global chat where your message will be visible to the worldwide community.

Please watch Planet of Cubes trailer to Survival Multiplayer Mode on YouTube:

Youtube Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMr5im49xMM

As a bonus you can still play Creative Multiplayer Games: create beautiful creations, houses, cities, pixel art: anything and everything from blocks. Protect your creations from others by using unique game functionality – chunk’s rentals. Build, chat, explore! Join endless creative adventure!

Planet of Cubes is a great game for all ages, genders, nationalities. This game unites people from all over the world. Download it now on Apple Store for FREE! Tell your friends and family members about this great game!

We hope to get your feedback to the game and to Survival Multiplayer Mode in the comments below!

Last edited by Peter2000; 04-21-2017 at 01:35 PM.
04-22-2017, 01:33 AM
Thank you developers for this amazing game! I have downloaded the game yesterday with my friend. We have spent cool friday night playing Planet of Cubes in survival. We have already found iron, crafted our first tools, killed chickens and pigs, eat food. We like to kill monsters together with my friend!

Now we are going to build our home and grow some plants. Can you please tell me how can we find carrot? And how to grow plants in general?
04-22-2017, 09:08 AM
Really nice sandbox. I'm amazed with sizes of the worlds! Coool that you can TP to your buddies I'm gonna try some "alchemistic" stuff Has anyone tried to brew potions?
04-23-2017, 04:46 AM
Great to hear this. We are so happy that you and your friend like our game!

To get some carrot you need to kill many zombies and spiders.

To grow plants start with gathering seeds, craft a hoe in the workbench, then find a place to grow plants. Till dirt with hoe, put seeds on the tilled dirt. Wait when your plants became fully grown.

To speed up the growing process, place lights (torches, glowstone) arround your planted seeds and put water block to make your farm hydrated.

We have a good tutorials, where you can watch how to grow plant on our youtube channel, please check it here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQk...confirmation=1

If you have more questions, please write them here, i will try to help you
Yesterday, 05:26 AM
Thank you for your help. I have killed tons of zombies and spiders with my friend, and we got 2 carrots! Yay!
Now our inventories are full, is there a way to add some additional slots to the inventory?

Also i really like your youtube channel! I watched your videos about tree farming and beetroot farming, and i planted all my trees and beetroots in the same way as you lol!
Later i will attach some screenshots to show you my cool farms!