★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-04-2017, 11:32 AM
So . Entertainment.

Acquire a mirror suitable for casting KIN and use it if you encounter the Despair snake.

Hot snake-on-snake action. How did they sneak this one past the ratings people?

Respectfully,

Brian P.
02-04-2017, 03:30 PM
6 Day NBAS "not possible?"

Using the Fast Travel glitch, I've finished a NBAS run in 6 days BUT at the end it says I "may get in undetected" and the merchant worries that someone is using the Beacons. Then carrying over to 4, I don't get the NBAS opening.

Something similar happened to my previous playthrough, I started over, but took longer playing.

I _think_ the game just puts you into a All Serpents At Least One Beacon ending if you are too fast; since it isn't possible without glitching. I'm at work now, I will test this tonight.

Edit: Nope, that wasn't it. I didn't activate BEACONS but I screwed around with the blue crystal in the past of the serpent pit and the ruined hill, maybe that did it. Guess I'll try again.

Last edited by Andyzero; 02-05-2017 at 12:37 AM.

02-06-2017, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendell View Post
So . Entertainment.

Acquire a mirror suitable for casting KIN and use it if you encounter the Despair snake.

Hot snake-on-snake action. How did they sneak this one past the ratings people?

Respectfully,

Brian P.
I can top that. In Sorcery 4, use the monarch oil on yourself when the Lynch Bug is approaching you. It will...interact with you.
02-06-2017, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyzero View Post
Edit: Nope, that wasn't it. I didn't activate BEACONS but I screwed around with the blue crystal in the past of the serpent pit and the ruined hill, maybe that did it. Guess I'll try again.
Touching any crystal will invalidate NBAS, including the one at the statue's foot on the Xamen Road.
02-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppercase View Post
I am completely stuck wandering around trying to figure out what I am going to do. I have explored the first area, probably missed some stuff there but seem to have no way to go back. I have explored the second area fully, I have explored the third area and activated the beacon. I have explored the fourth area fully.

Now when I try to reach the lake area I have no clue how to get there, I tried pointing the beacon towards both the bridge by the mountain and the bridge in the forest as well as in between to rebuild the walkway with no luck. This is the only beacon I have been able to activate.

Any idea on what I have missed?
You should be able to focus that beacon on the entire bridge and climb up at the western pillar. When you pass under it you can look up and see the handholds, which will give you the choice to climb.

You have missed a lot by not activating the beacons in the first and second areas, though, because in addition to restoring the past, touching the gem will allow you to teleport between them and revisit areas you can't otherwise get back to. You can climb the first beacon using the gripweed, and focus it on the bridge to cross easily into the second area. Then investigate the rubble to find a blue gem, teleport back to the first beacon, then refocus it on the rubble and teleport to the restored beacon.

I recommend trying to get to the end at least once on your own, but afterward check out this guide. There's a very comprehensive Google Doc as well.

Last edited by Kaboobie; 02-08-2017 at 07:38 AM.
02-13-2017, 01:22 AM
If you refuse to draw your sword at the woman at all and tell Ca-Oth you're not sacrificing anyone, it states you defied his will in the ending summary. Considering getting his blessing has you worried in 4 that you even considered it, this is interesting.
03-14-2017, 12:46 AM
Is this playable without me having to buy the other games? And is it fairly long (good game time)?

I saw it's on sale for 99 cents and thought I might pick it up. I got Road Not Taken and was extremely disappointed so I'm hoping this one isn't the same. I saw some bad reviews explained how the game was aimless and hard to figure out. Most of the good reviews were players of the previous games so it was hard to find any review from someone who only played this installment. Any recommendations? Thanks!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN
03-14-2017, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Is this playable without me having to buy the other games? And is it fairly long (good game time)?

I saw it's on sale for 99 cents and thought I might pick it up. I got Road Not Taken and was extremely disappointed so I'm hoping this one isn't the same. I saw some bad reviews explained how the game was aimless and hard to figure out. Most of the good reviews were players of the previous games so it was hard to find any review from someone who only played this installment. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Check here for play time https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=30627

As for being playable without the other games, yes it is but it's 3/4 of the way through a continuing story.

Saying the game is aimless sounds like an opinion on the story which personally I think is wrong.

I'm not sure how someone can say Sorcery! is hard to figure out but it might be best for you to google a gameplay video and decide for yourself.
04-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Me to!! Earth serpent help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleTunaPls View Post
How can I reach the earth serpent?
Passed up earth serpent the first time. Now no matter what I try theres no option to encounter. Just hump down the fissure and that sure doesnt work. Help plz?! Dont want to rewind... Too far back.
05-01-2017, 06:37 PM
NBAS Run Walkthrough Part 1

NBAS. I went through the goblin caves in 1 and got the locket, and followed the IGN walkthrough for 2. Except I cast SAP to have Vangorn commit suicide, I purposely slept in the Market after searching the Council Chamber with Flanker so I could rescue Tomas, and I used the Glue I stole from the chainmaker to fix the Gold Mirror in Lorag's backyard.)

Use the Fast Travel trick. (Clicking once quickly between locations can make only one "circle" appear, making a lot less time to pass. It takes practice.)

There's Yellow Moss here and there. Save it for meals, once a day; or if you need healing.

Save Spam: If you have Steam, you can find where they save games and mess with it. For me it's C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\inkle\Sorcery They save your last 5 actions, including fights, swindlestones, dialogue trees, and missing the Winds of Time. Of course, Ctr-S and Ctr-O creates saves as well.

Winds of Time: We're not using the Beacons for time travel, we're using those random "air currents" that float around the screen. There are some places they just don't go; Bria or the Bridge Toll for example. Do not shout Shadrack's name at Fishtail rock, as this will move some of the currents away from where we want to go. It can be a pain in the butt to wait for the Winds of Time is some places, so if you're using Steam, open theprogram more than once. Up to six times, go as many as you can pay attention to, the winds will generate different for each screen.

DO NOT mess with Blue Crystals, even if they're not in a Beacon, it ruins the NBAS run!

Begin Walkthrough

Cast YAP to know the birds are asses. Cast LAW, command them to attack each other. Consider the Eyrie. Bow to the Eagle. For an amusing alternate

event, you can cast LAW and have them carry you to Mampang. Cast either DOZ on yourself or fAL when they drop you.

Sleep before jumping off the cliff, daytime cast Fall, jump, grab a shrub, enter the cave. Try to move the rocks before casting BIG to find an item.

Cast BIG, move the rocks, wait, go south, look around. Go north, Cast FAL again and jump out.

Go to the tree on the hill, in the middle, look at the tree, get the ladder.

Southeast of the area. If you want to screw around with the Rock Demon, wait, get pebble. Cast TEL, look for the creature. Climb or Cling on. Look up.

Cast RAZ and then WOK to learn their counterspells. Don't worry if it doesn't show up, when you learn about them officially later they will. Cast KIN and stay and watch, dodge left, keep watching to get the Rock Demon Tooth. (I think the Rock Demon is the strongest enemy you can fight in the game if you just attack it)

Go east, cast HOW to find out there's a tunnel that you can't go down. (But you can go UP), look around, look up when you hear wings. Cast RAP, ask where are the serpents for a clue. Fight the Harpy.

Go west and north. If it's nighttime, you can get some pebbles in Shadrack's cave at night. (Since this is NBAS, don't shout his name)

NW Go to the broken bridge. Look around, run from the bug, cast Law, ride the bug, go into the crevice, don't attack anything and just listen and bow.

Back at the Bridge, go SW, cast GOB or SUS to look in hole, get Giant Tooth. Go back to bridge, cast DOZ on yourself and jump. Something, something,

slow-motion magic inertia means you can make the jump. Or ZIP if you have the Green Ring from New Game+.

After you make the jump, keep casting FOF until you are 6 HP or less. (This will make the Dark Elf caravan prices cost less.) Go to the Dark Elf

Caravan NE of here. Raise your hands, call out, say "I have items to sell." Don't say you have a lot of money, but that you are willing to buy stuff.)

Go to the fire, play swindlestones, tell Dark Elf don't be a sore loser. If you want to kill them later for gold and dice, tell the joke about the

goblin casting the spell. if you want to be nice, tell the joke about the goblin wedding. (If you want to be mean, don't tell any jokes yet) Go to the

Merchant. Say you're starving. If HP 6 or less, it will lower costs. Buy scrap of paper. Ask all questions, buy paper, have merchant translate, ask if that's all there is, complain it's not worth it for a discount. Buy Book, read it, close the book, buy it. Buy magic items. Pick up the crystal orb but then put it down (you'll get one after killing the Moon Serpent) merchant will offer pendulum. Buy it. Buy galehorn. Buy Ring, pocket ring, make a distraction, help merchant, make a distraction, buy ring. Buy weapons armor. Buy axe. Take it for free. Cast YAZ. Steal Armor. Steal Vials. Leave.