★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-16-2015, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkx View Post
I'm sticking to legends of grimrock. Until further reviews
I'm loving LoG at the moment. I was late to the party and only picked it up when it went on sale recently (it would have been rude not to!).

Started playing it last week and now I can't stop. Anyway, on topic- looks interesting, but with games like LoG I'll pass for now.
12-16-2015, 06:21 PM
This game isn't as bad as some say. Yes, the framerate seems clunky, but that's just because they gave us free 1st person camera instead of the typical 'turn in 4 different directions'. It is worth the dollar, I assure you.

12-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAjent View Post
I'm loving LoG at the moment. I was late to the party and only picked it up when it went on sale recently (it would have been rude not to!).

Started playing it last week and now I can't stop. Anyway, on topic- looks interesting, but with games like LoG I'll pass for now.
LOG is awesome. I hope this does well too but it hard to compare the two. I wonder if this has puzzles like LOG
12-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondios View Post
This game isn't as bad as some say. Yes, the framerate seems clunky, but that's just because they gave us free 1st person camera instead of the typical 'turn in 4 different directions'. It is worth the dollar, I assure you.
Yeah at the end of the day you are right even you don't like this it's less than a cup of coffee
12-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Might get this, but it's difficult to get past the wall/floor texture...
12-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Sorry, but this is a bad game, even by mobile's already low standards. When will people start taking mobile games seriously? When I see releases like this over and over, I don't have many high hopes for mobile. This game could have been so cool!
12-17-2015, 02:47 PM
I think to appreciate this game you have to have a deep love for early PC dungeon crawlers and the first Doom, and if the words retro or old school make you cringe then stay away lol this plays very much like one of those early PC games and it's a fun nostalgic experience for me. If you want the best graphics, sound, etc mobile has to offer then you might want to go with one of the dozens of slick flashy f2p action RPGs the App Store has to offer.
12-17-2015, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
I think to appreciate this game you have to have a deep love for early PC dungeon crawlers and the first Doom, and if the words retro or old school make you cringe then stay away lol this plays very much like one of those early PC games and it's a fun nostalgic experience for me. If you want the best graphics, sound, etc mobile has to offer then you might want to go with one of the dozens of slick flashy f2p action RPGs the App Store has to offer.
Nice jab there bro.. Yeah, because only quality graphics (and god forbid, sound!) are to be expected in "slick flashy f2p action RPGs"

Last edited by SimonMagus; 12-17-2015 at 02:57 PM.
12-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Haha well to each their own the mobile marketplace really does have something for everyone.
01-22-2016, 11:28 PM
Will there be updated screen shots to show updated graphics?