★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Making TALLNUM (TL№) a puzzle about perception and numbers.

10-24-2016, 02:55 AM
This looks really intriguing. Shapist was an incredible set of puzzles and I'm really interested in seeing what exactly the mechanics for this game are... (and your comment about it having to be 3d really really intrigues me).

Is the game level based or endless? It seems to be a kind of endless scoring game, which typically aren't my thing, but when they're enigmatic and multilayered like SPL-T then I still love them. This looks cool from what I can see so far!!!
12-18-2016, 07:27 PM
@TheGreatEscaper - thank you for support, really appreciate your words and yes TLN is endless, but i think we did achieve a sense of non repetitive - a gameplay that requires strategy changes as you progress within one play time

Another good thing is we have been posting updates on our facebook but it is time we start updating dev logs as well. We are getting more and more awesome screenshots and gifs to post everywhere, website is coming in few days.
We mentioned collaborating with 5 unique artists, here is a skin by MUXXI - it is still missing few elements.

Next post I will share my impression of using FB boosted posts for the first time and talk about animating artists skins from just still image.

Currently working on a number puzzle: TALLNUM (TL№) and a rogue-like adventure korikori.co follow me on Twitter: @takemuraori.

Last edited by takemuraori; 12-18-2016 at 07:32 PM.

03-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Apologies for being under a radar, but I am resuming the communication as we are pretty much a month+ from the release on app store. There will be few updates here on dev log within a week, one will cover our process for artists collaboration and how we got to make skins.

We also took few extra month to once again improve the UI and controls.

For example - we always had the indicator for the next tile to fall - a digit on the top of the screen. We thought we need to explain it in a tutorial manner, but we hate tutorials as a tool, so we came up with a UI update that explains the facility by itself.
here it is:

Currently working on a number puzzle: TALLNUM (TL№) and a rogue-like adventure korikori.co follow me on Twitter: @takemuraori.
04-04-2017, 11:43 PM
Ori! Been following you since Kori Kori. Awesome to see your game coming out soon, really like the collabs with the artists... all the best and catch you at events in SG.

Check Monster Chronicles: A Battle Tic-Tac-Toe SRPG game at www.fb.com/monchron

Sign up to beta-test our game at http://deltaduckstudios.com/monster-chronicles-sign-up/

Touch Arcade Updates Thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ter+chronicles
04-09-2017, 10:35 AM

Here is a story about the art in Tallnum, as I have mentioned before we have collaborated with five incredible artists from all over the world. We are soon showing final skins one by one. Today I want to show you the usual process we undergo.

First we sent to each artist a game rules description, a short gameplay video and a guide about possible number of shapes and textures for each tile.

Here Kevin Kuenstler experimented with basic shapes and idea first on paper then in Illustrator.

After a round of comments the shapes and colors were finalized and we started to prepare 3d models.
First I personally did 3d models and animations of those, later Raheel Zubair helped us optimize and redo them.

Finally the models put into a game. In this particular case it became obvious that we needed a background So I wrote back to Kevin and he came up with a lovely mountains scene.

We immediately thought of making the sun go down based on a certain score and the guy to sometimes show up behind the mountains.

04-09-2017, 10:45 AM
This is looking great!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
04-09-2017, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
This is looking great!
Thank yoU!!!

04-27-2017, 01:01 AM
Today I want to share two things:

1 - we will be realizing TALLNUM on iOS on May 10th!!!

2 - I would like to show a skin that I made for Tallnum called REKKA, this visual style was inspired by the art of Rekka Bell and especially Oquonie

Here it is, with a demonstration of a complex sacrifice tactics: