★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

03-25-2017, 06:22 AM
Morning all,

So, given that our new game takes place in The End Times, where sworn enemies fight alongside one another. Which races and units from the Old World would you most like in your party?
03-25-2017, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoBenjamin View Post
Morning all,
So, given that our new game takes place in The End Times, where sworn enemies fight alongside one another. Which races and units from the Old World would you most like in your party?
Druchii, Skaven (Doombell!), Goblins - especially Nightgoblin Fanatics. Yes, I like the weird stuff

03-25-2017, 08:00 AM
Had well over 300 hours put into Warhammer Quest, a feat yet to be reached with any other iOS title. I was not as crazy about Deathwatch, which had an improved combat system but made the game itself far more linear.

Will WQ2 see the return of a world map? If so, I'd like to see a bigger variety in random missions. One that seemed lacking from the first as a longtime reader of Felix and Gotrex was big monster hunts. It could be pretty fun and challenging to get random opportunities to hunt down wyverns, chaos spawns, and more, with higher levels opening up the possibilities of facing dragons and greater daemons.

I really liked the undead expansion, even if it felt a bit incomplete. I hope we see more enemies with abilities that are a bit out of the norm for standard TBS games. The necros raising undead and banishing heroes could be tricky, but offered one of the most tense situations you could find at higher levels that otherwise could start to feel trivial.

Also Squigs, there was a serious lack of squigs...
03-25-2017, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Morning all,

As the setting is End of Times, besides the usual suspects from Empire, Dwarf, Elves....I would really like to finally use some Bretonnian Knights, maybe the Grail Knights....fighting against Nurgle and Nagash minions with sword and shield.
I hope those cool laying on the ground shields are a hint in this direction.
Given they are basically wiped out at the end of End of Times, it's probably the last time we could use them before the Age of Sigmar.

Also I'm really digging the idea of big monster hunts posted by Maelwolf.
Obtaining specific monster parts could be part of quests to forge specific items...like dragon scale armours,, shields, etc...

Speaking of big monsters....I wonder if those cool tentacles we can see in the screenthos are actually moving/a enemy/etc...

As I said years ago with the first Warhammer Quest, I would even pay a monthly fee to see quests added every month, with the occasional new tile set and monsters.
I could play it forever (lost count of how many hours I played, stopped counting at 450 or so, and still playing it. It's THAT good).
03-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelwolf View Post
I hope we see more enemies with abilities that are a bit out of the norm for standard TBS games. The necros raising undead and banishing heroes could be tricky, but offered one of the most tense situations you could find at higher levels that otherwise could start to feel trivial.
I still have nightmares about the first time I killed the wizard while Crom, my mighty level 8 barbarian, was wandering in the Crystal Maze.

I got the 'gutting' achievement tough.

I think I mourned his demise for a real life week.
03-25-2017, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Morning all,

My first answer to this question will always be one of these guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	338.5 KB
ID:	112676  
03-25-2017, 02:16 PM
My second answer though would be a Lizardman of some description.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2426.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	112677  
03-25-2017, 03:52 PM
Gosh, I'm getting senile...
The unholy lady trinity, of course: Isabella von Karstein, Genevieve Sandrine du Pointe du Lac Dieudonne, Valkia the Bloody.
Plus Queens Nefereta and Malekith.
Vlad can be the manager of the girlgroup, The Slice Girls
03-25-2017, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzone View Post
gosh, i'm getting senile...
The unholy lady trinity, of course: Isabella von karstein, genevieve sandrine du pointe du lac dieudonne, valkia the bloody.
Plus queens nefereta and malekith.
Vlad can be the manager of the girlgroup, the slice girls
lol!!!
03-26-2017, 04:46 AM
Hey Benjamin, thought of another question. Are you developing WHQ2:TET just for IOS or are you planning PC and console releases too?