★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Antitype - A Game About Opposites (BorderLeap)

04-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patthegymnast View Post
The game is very fun and tricky! But love it! Its very fun and cool! Great job!
Thank you!!!
04-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderLeap View Post
Codes have been sent via PM... still have 5 more I can share! Just reply here in the thread to let me know if you'd like one
Would love a code if I made the cut@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);.entry{background-color:white!important}

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

04-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Would love a code if I made the cut
You got it! Sending via PM...
04-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Thank you!!!
Np!😝
04-20-2017, 10:10 PM
This game is dangerous, man! Forget the first 60 I cleared; I ended up working on another 60 levels immediately after it lol

There's nothing that beats the feeling when you figure out a level that previously stopped you in your tracks, and then by luck, the following levels turn out to be much easier until you hit another challenge. Sometimes I wonder if I'm getting worse at this kind of game when the answer turns out to be very basic words and yet it took me longer than it should.

...or the feeling after waking up and with the previous level that made you finally hit the sack you're suddenly able to clear it in just a matter of seconds.

EDIT: It seems like the difficulty begins to rise past level 200. Shuffling letters is requiring more and more precision compared to before. The only difference it makes now is it takes a few seconds longer to clear levels after figuring out the two opposites especially if you're still not 100% used to the mechanics.

Last edited by Yanagi; 04-21-2017 at 03:08 AM.
04-21-2017, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagi View Post
This game is dangerous, man! Forget the first 60 I cleared; I ended up working on another 60 levels immediately after it lol

There's nothing that beats the feeling when you figure out a level that previously stopped you in your tracks, and then by luck, the following levels turn out to be much easier until you hit another challenge. Sometimes I wonder if I'm getting worse at this kind of game when the answer turns out to be very basic words and yet it took me longer than it should.

...or the feeling after waking up and with the previous level that made you finally hit the sack you're suddenly able to clear it in just a matter of seconds.
Sounds like you needed some sleep!! Sleep deprivation = unintended (but kinda cool) side effect LOL Awesome feedback though!! What level are you up to now?

Quote:
It seems like the difficulty begins to rise past level 200...
Most definitely. As you've experienced, not only do words get bigger but much more thought process is required!
04-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Sounds like you needed some sleep!! Sleep deprivation = unintended (but kinda cool) side effect LOL Awesome feedback though!! What level are you up to now?

Most definitely. As you've experienced, not only do words get bigger but much more thought process is required!
I'm at level 310. It's taking a little bit longer to solve these puzzles now.

I'm still waiting for the level with the words 'approximately' and 'exactly' as have been shown in the trailer lol

There have been several times where I kind of wish the game had an undo button, even if it's limited to one use for accidental taps. But compared to Alpha Omega (you make one mistake and you lose all that progress; it's especially awry when you're at the last word and incorrect placement screwed it up for you), you don't really have much to lose in Antitype should you have to restart with only two words so it's not a big loss and overall livable w/o undos. The only time I did need an undo is when I have already figured out the two words and I'm just shuffling the letters. In the end it's not a big deal.

Last edited by Yanagi; 04-21-2017 at 09:02 AM. Reason: undo comparison
04-21-2017, 05:20 PM
Loving the whole minimalist feel to it. I'd love to try this out!
04-21-2017, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbleLama View Post
Loving the whole minimalist feel to it. I'd love to try this out!
You bet! Just a couple codes left to share... I'll PM you one now.

Quote:
There have been several times where I kind of wish the game had an undo button, even if it's limited to one use for accidental taps. But compared to Alpha Omega (you make one mistake and you lose all that progress; it's especially awry when you're at the last word and incorrect placement screwed it up for you), you don't really have much to lose in Antitype should you have to restart with only two words so it's not a big loss and overall livable w/o undos. The only time I did need an undo is when I have already figured out the two words and I'm just shuffling the letters. In the end it's not a big deal.
That was definitely one of the options I'd weighed when designing the game... I think you hit the nail on the head though with there's really not much to lose in restarting and reattempting the level - and not being able to undo adds to the challenge a bit
04-21-2017, 05:47 PM
Just when you think an innovative word game could not be made, borderleap enters the fray and comes up with a game mechanic so unique, unlike anything I've ever seen on the iOS market. Thankfully, the game has no timers and relies on thoughtful and strategic decision-making that make one's synapses fire at such an incredible rate. The mental gymnastics required to complete the puzzles, can range from brain-numbing to exhilirating. All in all, this is a worthy addition to the fantastic stable of games that have allowed this developer to establish a fine pedigree of games over the years that are worth our time and money. Now, let me get back to playing Antitype... s.t.a.t!

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy