★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Downloading tonight. Excellent concept. Well done
04-21-2017, 10:16 AM
I've been looking for new puzzlers to play and it looks like this will be one of them. Excited to try this out tomorrow!

Last edited by Yanagi; 04-21-2017 at 11:10 AM. Reason: typo

04-21-2017, 11:03 AM
I'll definitely be downloading this. I do enjoy a good puzzler, so this looks right up my street. Nice work.

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)
04-21-2017, 01:34 PM
Invert just dropped by a dollar and so it seems like this game really is telling me to buy it tomorrow lol (well, already had plans to buy it regardless.)

Last edited by Yanagi; 04-21-2017 at 01:42 PM. Reason: included link to App Store page
04-21-2017, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagi View Post
Invert just dropped by a dollar and so it seems like this game really is telling me to buy it tomorrow lol (well, already had plans to buy it regardless.)

Hang on, was this before or after release? I'm not a fan, that's an extreme understatement, of price drops so soon after release. It's a kick in the hairy brain for people who buy it as soon as it releases.

No objection if it's done prior to release or quite a while down the road of course. That's par for the course. But if they've done it just a day after release they've lost a sale from me, just out of principle.

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)
04-21-2017, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlou View Post
Hang on, was this before or after release?
Yeah, it's only two days after release; not sure why they've decided to drop it so soon.
04-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Hey guys.

Yep we regret we decided to drop it $1.00 already but there are some hard facts we needed to look at. With all the great placement the game got players weren't clicking on the icon. Usually two thing are at fault there, 1 - the design and 2 - the price.

It is our job to try and make as much $ as we can for the Glitchnap team on the game and after some long discussions we decided to do a launch week sale. So it will be back at $2.99 but since this is the most important time, we would be doing them a disservice not trying everything we can. We know it sucks for anyone who already bought it so if anyone did and has an issue, we can either refund your money on google or on iOS we can give you a promo code for something equivalent/higher in our portfolio no questions asked.

Email me directly at ryan@noodlecake.com to chat.

We really do apologize to anyone who feels cheated but the AppStore can be a cruel mistress and no one makes these choices lightly.
04-21-2017, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Noodle View Post
Hey guys.

Yep we regret we decided to drop it $1.00 already but there are some hard facts we needed to look at. With all the great placement the game got players weren't clicking on the icon. Usually two thing are at fault there, 1 - the design and 2 - the price.

It is our job to try and make as much $ as we can for the Glitchnap team on the game and after some long discussions we decided to do a launch week sale. So it will be back at $2.99 but since this is the most important time, we would be doing them a disservice not trying everything we can. We know it sucks for anyone who already bought it so if anyone did and has an issue, we can either refund your money on google or on iOS we can give you a promo code for something equivalent/higher in our portfolio no questions asked.

Email me directly at ryan@noodlecake.com to chat.

We really do apologize to anyone who feels cheated but the AppStore can be a cruel mistress and no one makes these choices lightly.
I am glad to have paid full price because 1 the game is great fun and 2 I always support premium indie devs, good luck with your game Glitchnap & Noodlecake.
04-22-2017, 04:22 AM
I would have understood people being mad at a big price drop, but someone not buying this out of principle for a single dollar drop is kind of strange. You need to factor in that the App Store of today isn't the same App Store of yesterday and for Glitchnap/Noodlecake to offer a premium puzzle game when they could have easily filled this to the brim with IAPs for hints, cosmetic differences and puzzle packs is very, very commendable. It's almost guaranteed that IF this were free with those IAPs (and even with a garbage icon), it would have probably been in Top 10 Free already. I honestly hope this does alright with the price drop and doesn't completely turn Noodlecake away from trying premium again.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
04-22-2017, 06:35 AM
This game is loads of fun, great puzzler and the timed and expert modes are great inclusions to keep the game interesting.

I purchased before the price drop, and I couldn't care less about it. I hate to be that guy, but moral dynamics are a bit out of place, especially in the mobile gaming scene, where indie devs are hard pressed to see any sorts of exposure or earning at all. If anything, 'out of principle', just get a copy and gift to a friend. Support the dev, spread the love.

Sales are not obligatory. They are not things we are entitled to. They *reduce* the cost on our side of things, and *reduce* how much the dev earns from each sale. Why feel cheated, when a sale is a gift for everyone who purchases during the sale time? There's no injustice in an unannounced sale, just as someone who gives free chocolates out in the park one day has no need to tell people going to the park the day before what he's going to do, let alone compensate for people who went to the park the day before.

I think it's great that the dev IS so responsive to people annoyed about the sale, but please, if you are someone who wants a refund after your early purchase etc, just give the game a go, and you'll love every second of it. Have a think about how much you paid and whether you really need half of that back. Mobile gaming is a tough scene. I'm just glad I can experience so many amazing games every week, and this one' a standout for me.