★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
04-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Tried the free version and it's awesome!! Going to buy the full version now!
04-21-2017, 01:45 PM
this is great by the way - great find. Couldn't get it to work with MFi but it really doesn't matter. Nice nods to old C64 and Speccy games - dem telephones are pure Matthew Smith. Reminds me of Tony Crowther style of graphics, mind.

Quick edit: spotted - Kempston Joysticks - brilliant.

Last edited by slamraman; 04-21-2017 at 02:42 PM.

04-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Played the free version and game is awesome. Buying paid now
04-21-2017, 03:34 PM
Holy friggin hell. Don't tell me this is anything like "Impossible Mission" from ages ago?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Fun game but having problems getting past area 5 with the bouncing coin and wall of water. Cannot seem to jump from the water to the higher platform no matter what I do.
04-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
Fun game but having problems getting past area 5 with the bouncing coin and wall of water. Cannot seem to jump from the water to the higher platform no matter what I do.
I just passed this spot. It took me a minute to figure it out, but you have to jump right as you're popping out of the wall of water.
04-21-2017, 06:27 PM
C64 had me buying it immediately.
And I booted it up.
Extortion indeed.

If this is extortion, it needs to be supported.

So... then I had to get Darkside and Kitten Sanctuary.
Thank you Clockwork Pixels!
04-21-2017, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet View Post
I just passed this spot. It took me a minute to figure it out, but you have to jump right as you're popping out of the wall of water.
I've been trying that to no avail. Guess I'll just keep at it.
04-21-2017, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the feedback & posts, much appreciated ... it was a shock to see the page numbers!

Quote:
Don't tell me this is anything like "Impossible Mission" from ages ago?
It's not really, I just liked that game a lot, hence the opening phrase. I used a C64 synthesizer for the voices, so couldn't resist

Quote:
Oo looks cool! Does this have controller support?
Sorry, it's just the touch screen controls (left/right/jump). You can tweak the scale/position/transparency from the options menu.

Quote:
Cannot seem to jump from the water to the higher platform no matter what I do
When in water the jump button makes you swim upwards, so if you're holding the jump button as you emerge from the wall of water, you'll jump through the air ... don't wait till you're out of the water before pressing the jump button.

I could add the ability to jump when you've just started to fall, a common thing with platform games which may help.

Quote:
his wife would make sure all the CP titles would never be pulled from the App Store
I just asked and she said she wouldn't know where to start! My Apple account auto-renews though, so hopefully it'll be okay for a year or two

I did just remove IAPs from the games. Can full/paid apps still be backed up, and so reinstalled without the store?

Quote:
Reminds me of Tony Crowther style of graphics
That's the inspiration, Son of Blagger & Wanted Monty Mole, except in this game everything's falling to pieces as it's been around for 30 years ... and yes, Competition Pro joysticks were the best!
04-21-2017, 09:27 PM
I like it! It's interesting to me how such a basic platformer like this can be more fun than more involved games purely because it has thought put into both its visuals and level design. I particularly like how even though the (bizarre) enemies are often of a similar type they have individualized sprites, and that death doesn't return keys and turn this into a tedious affair for the casual gamer... nice work!