Soul Assassin, Feedback appreciated!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Spearheadgames, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Spearheadgames

Spearheadgames Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    #1 Spearheadgames, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    [​IMG]Hello everyone!

Spearhead Entertainment is back and this time we are developing
    something close to an Action Adventure game in 3D for the iPhone,
    namely:

Soul Assassin.

We wanted to show you some screenshots and a video of it to get some first impressions from you, something that will aid us in making this game!

Gameplay Video:

Screenshots:

All available at http://www.spearheadgames.com/blog/ ,
    where we also have a small survey that you can fill in.
    Of course, commenting in this thread is just as good!.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thread will be updated with more information
    about the game as the time progresses

2. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    this look really really promising!! Graphics look good, but could be amped a bit. maybe adding in some real faces instead of just polygons..
    and the colour could be more vibrant. But other then that....if the gameplay is awesome too, i'll definitely be picking this up!

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Looks good, but I think it needs a Crescent Moon makeover.

4. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Well this game look really promising but I will like to see a video first!!!!!

5. Kawe

Kawe Well-Known Member

May I ask you what you consider awesome gameplay? I mean we have plans set but they can always be changed upon feedback.

6. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    We need video and/or a beta to really give you some feedback.
    Art and idea are ok.

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hmm actuall looks pretty good! Can't wait for a video.

8. Kawe

Kawe Well-Known Member

Right, I'll try to get a video up tomorrow.

The game isn't really in a beta state yet. We are running some testing with some of our old testers though.

9. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    wow the idea is very good,now the graphics need improvments but if the gameplay is good its sure a good buy.Oh will it have any free-running in it? :D

10. Kawe

Kawe Well-Known Member

Oh, I guess this is an interesting question. We didn't really say anything about the gameplay. What kind of game do you guys expect this to be?

11. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    An doom like but as an assassin and no monsters ....

12. Adeeb246

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    well...in my opinion...Ive purchased lots of 3D games like this, and a lot of the time, the graphics are ok, but the gameplay isnt smooth at all... theyre slow and lame, and doesn't engage the player. What would be engaging would be fast gameplay, smooth kills, some slow mo finishing kills, you know?

now from what i see in the pictures, you got the controls perfectly, thats usually how a lot of people like to play it. And i also see that there are combos that you can do (ex the 6 hits). You guys should definitely play that up a bit more, for example have different ways of finishing an enemy off, like stealth kills. Since it is an assassin game, it would be good to focus on how the final kills are made.

I got lots of more ideas...but this is your project, and you guys make the decisions. But let me know if you would like to hear more :)

But so far, it really looks good, and like i said, i cant wait to see the end result!

13. Rezur

Rezur Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    I want to see some rpg elements implemented in this game if they aren't already in.

14. Kawe

Kawe Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I want to hear anything that you think would fit into this game that you would like to see. Obviously we won't be able to satisfy everyone but we'll try our hardest :)

Another question I have. What would the minimum required game time be for you guys? I most companies toss like 20 hours of gameplay into games but they make the gameplay pretty bad. I assume people wouldn't mind a lot less game time for a better game? Or would you rather have a long game with not as good gameplay?

I mean we'll try to give both but we need to know like... the minimums. Even if we make the best 5min ever no one is going to recommend it to their friends.. heh.

15. Bungie.net

Bungie.net Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Washington
    Really cool game seeing how it looks similar to assassins creed what kinds of weapons will there be other than a sword ( throwing knifes, a sword with a flame effect on it:)....)

I wouldn't mind if it's a short game as long as it has great graphics (getting close to) or a great story

This game looks very fun can't wait to see a video on it

16. xBLAGDARFx

xBLAGDARFx Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Im fine with a 4 hour game as long as it plays nicely

17. Kawe

Kawe Well-Known Member

Oops, looks like I won't have time to throw together a video today.

I'll get one out next week. Promise!

18. Adeeb246

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    #18 Adeeb246, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
    yeah 20 hours is a bit much....a good game should be between 4-6 hours (but dont forget about replay value...you want people to keep playing over and over)

and what about having multiple/ different kinds of weapons?

19. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    If the controls and the gameplay are tight, then this will be a good buy. I know a lot of people (including me) like games like this to be a bit more non-linear then other games of this type with exploration elements and puzzle elements.

20. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    You're complaining about a game being too long? I've honestly never had that complaint. When it comes to a good game, there's no such thing as too long of a game. Honestly, 4-6 hours sounds a bit... short. I hate it when you're getting into an awesome game, and then it just ends rather quickly, leaving you sitting there thinking "This game would have been INSANE, but it just wasn't long enough...". It's happened to me more than once, so the longer the game the better. And the only games I've played that were truly crappy were extremely short, so that's absolutely never been a complaint. Plus, think about it. If you're tired of a game, you can always quit and ask someone else how it ends, since there has to be someone out there that's finished it. On the other hand, if a game ends too quickly, you can't add more gametime. All you can do is replay it, which might get a bit tedious on the second runthrough.

Honestly, 20 hours sounds like a good time for me. It's nice to see that you guys are actually willing to put that much time into a game to make it 20hrs. long. Just make sure to vary things up over time, so that it doesn't feel like you're doing the exact same thing for the entire 20 hours. I've played plenty a game where it felt like I was doing the exact same thing through the whole game, and despite it being pretty cool at first, a lack of variety or content made it pretty monotonous after a while. Just make sure you avoid that, and it looks like you'll have a hit on your hands.

If you guys need any beta testing, give me a shout. I'm down for testing this one anytime.