Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. MacSym42

MacSym42 Active Member

Jan 3, 2013
    France
    Thanks for reply, ltbaxter :)
    In fact, adding more transaltlantic planes is not a problem because I will have more planes slots after my bux exchange (I'm at 16k).
    I was also thinking about use Istanbul as a bux hub layovers between the two continents : I will fill my transporters planes in a city where there is a bux sitter (so there are CHI, NYC, SEO (or SHA if my Cyclones can't reach that) and TOK), send it to Istanbul and unload all bux jobs as layovers. So I will fill the plane with jobs bux to his respectiv continent (I may name my planes like that : US.xx (where xx is the number's plane) and EA.xx). The layovers will be use by the transaltlantic planes of the opposite continent.

And yes, playing for fun is the key to the success. If you don't like your strategie, you may be play a little less than if you like playing your strategie. Logic.

Have fun everybody :)

2. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    I'm a helicopter flight instructor, so when I'm not flying, I'm sitting around in the office flinging planes through the air for bux jobs.

3. BumActor

BumActor Member

Jan 5, 2013
    US Army here. I fix hardware issues on computer systems. I also run a small airline that can pick bux right out of the air.

4. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    I fly planes in real life for people with a ton of bux.. ;) then spend my time on the ground in a variety of games :)

5. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Wow.. I need to meet you in person. I've had pilot training lessons in a cessna 172 and I'm wanting to go up in a helo to see which one I want to pursue.

6. thefantasyicon

thefantasyicon Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Seattle Heli how is that new bux strategy working for you?

7. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I'm guessing you're not from Croatia either? :)[/QUOTE]

no. alyssacroacia is a nickname given to me in high school. The "croacia" part was misspelled for a reason.

8. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    I'm a dispatcher for a public utility so have time during my 10 hour shifts to run a multi-billion dollar airline that transports sporks from Tokyo to LA! :p

9. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Well it's no secret what part of the country I'm at. ;) The helicopter is much more challenging to fly than fixed-wing, which can be intimidating to some people or more enticing to others. It really all depends on what you want to do, if you choose it as a career. If you want to fly for the airlines and make a ton of money, fixed-wing is the way to go. If you want to be able to fly sideways, backwards, straight up, and straight down, with the versatility to do a huge variety of operations to include heli-logging, utility, emergency medical services, firefighting, tours, news gathering, etc, then helicopters are the way to go.

On the other hand, if you are looking to only pursue a Private Pilots License and then rent an aircraft on the weekends to go zoom around in, an airplane is going to be much, much cheaper all the way around. Lesser fuel burn, longer range, cheaper insurance costs, etc.

Personally, I'm looking to join the Army to continue flying helicopters, although if I was to stay civilian I'd love to fly utility (sling load, etc) and really do the most challenging helicopter work I could find.

Have I convinced you yet? :D

- Lindsey

It's working GREAT! Flysher has it right. I was playing the game pretty consistently yesterday and netted around 1000 bux with only 17 plane slots. I had 10 bux planes at their individual home bases flying to Paris and back, and the other 7 were doing either coin runs or event jobs.

10. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #12291 CastlePage, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    How about London/Paris as central hubs? That's where I placed mine.
    Advantages:
    - they're fairly central on the global map
    - they're very close to each other (2 mins by sequoia, 1 min by cyclone). I frequently hop between the two.
    - I layover global event jobs in Paris, the rest in London. But you could re-organize to eastern jobs in Paris and western jobs in London if you like.

I know we post a lot about our big bux exchanges (25k etc) and the amount of coins we get out of it. If you're say at slot 18, and desperately need a few more slots and have say a couple of thousand bux, don't be afraid to exchange at lower levels, say 1,500 bux to get those much needed slots. Because it really is easier to play if you have more planes (i.e. planeslots.)

I didn't try bux strategy until i had 23 slots and almost lvl 30. I think I started a bit late. But by then, I was able to purchase sequoias.

To those going for bux strategies, my advice is to have at least 1 million coins in the bank first and a decent number of plane slots (e.g. 18), and your permanent airports upgraded. My coins remained stagnant or even drop sometimes when I am running bux strategies. And yes, it's a bit hard to do without sequoias :p

most of the bux strategies that we have do depend on 2 things - we have a LOT of planes (sequoias/cyclones for us, blimps for merlion) and we're high lvl enough to buy sequoias. And we get to our level by patience. I did go through the tough grinding stages waiting to level to be able to buy sequoias. And the grinding process is fun in a way too, because it gives you some goals to look forward to.

Oh Vic, your darth vader fleet is causing lots of envy and stress :) :D
    Once upon a time, I set my central hub as the global event hub. And then I had loads of trouble shifting those layovers when the global event moved to a different location (and sometimes not central at all). So I stopped and left my central hubs at London/Paris because I hate the clean-up part. :)

LOL grats penguin. It's quite a feat with only 18 planes. I have 2.5 times your number, but only a few committed to NY :p

Do you play PP while driving trucks? :eek:

I'm a teacher. :) I'm making far more bux in PP than in real life. Wish real life bux is this easy to earn :)

LOL ... NICE :) Learning to fly or to build planes?

Thanks Snowbird for the backups :)

LOL :) Is flying real planes more exciting or flying PP ?

11. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    You've convinced me that I"m in the wrong profession. But seeing that I have absolutely no sense of direction, maybe I'm in the right profession afterall :)

12. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    I'm still schooling for a degree :D

13. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    #12294 thisisina, Jan 15, 2013
    I'm trying to start a new game on my iPad. Finally got it to have a different Game Center name, I unchecked the iCloud sync option, then I sent myself a few cloudliner parts to sell so I could open up New York. I didn't see any blue jobs, so I checked the Flight Crew menu. It updated, then said I had 65 jobs already! It's different from my iPhone game, since I have 200+ jobs on that one. But it's impossible for me to have 65 jobs since I just opened up New York! Anyone have any idea about what's going on?

Oh and to add to the discussion about (real life) jobs, I'm an occupational therapist. I work with kids with special needs. Most of the time I love my job, but sometimes I feel a bit burned out (such as now). I work part time by choice, so on days when I have work, I don't even get to check my phone most of the time. On my days off, I can play PP while taking care of my kids.

14. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    Just read those 2 posts. My 2 bux:

1. He/she should take a look at our forum and resources. Or google around for some tips/strategies (which is how I found this forum). Actually, almost all the games that I've played have some kind souls who have put up walkthroughs/tips/guides.

2. I saw the video, and LOVE the idea of seeing other planes crossing my path in the flying screen. Now we only see one plane flying with coins and bux flying past for us to catch. Wouldn't it be great if we can actually see our other planes or even other players' planes ? OK, there'll be traffic jam, and the sky will probably be packed with Vic Sark's planes. But imagine seeing the concordes zoom past me in glee, while i wave goodbye to Merlion's blimps.

OK, programming wise and bandwidth/load wise it's very hard and the app will run much slower and crash even more. But, I can still dream about it in my imagination.

15. thefantasyicon

thefantasyicon Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
  16. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    You're right. I missed the Lvl 45 in August.

Err ... how does the minimum spanning tree relate to my post :confused: (finally got to use the "confused" smilie).

BTW, how to accept your friend request on this forum? I clicked saved but apparently the message is still there :(

17. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    The guy doesn't need help. The guy needs a life :D

18. smws

smws Member

Jan 14, 2013
    #12299 smws, Jan 15, 2013
    Thanks!

I'll hop over to TA1 once this event finishes. Although it isn't too bad getting the 50 jobs to qualify.

My GC ID is shmws . And thanks for the offer of balloon parts, but I've already got a trade planned =)

As for my real life job.. I'm a technical writer for a software developer and I usually dedicate my breaks to flying planes!

19. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Since everyone is adding there real life jobs, I may as well add mine. I'm a chemical compounder for a US based manufacturer of lip care items, acne medicines, burn creams, hand and foot balms as well as topical toothache medicines. They're are only 11 of us that compound for this outstanding multinational company. To keep this interesting the first person that guesses my employer will get a Sequoia-M as my gift, if I'm not already your friend I will add you if you are the winner. Any takers?