Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-28-2013, 06:34 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by senkoujin View Post
The will officially be released on November 4, 2013!

PlexusGames - Thank you for answering my important questions, but it seems that I have just a few more, lol:

1. More about the player experience; is the game more focused on Multi-player than Single-player? I'm asking this because I want to know if the game's "full access" is in the Single-player experience with the Multi-player experience just being a "nice addition".

2. Are there any dastardly timers and enhancements that REQUIRE an internet connection to activate despite the game being playable offline (like Dungeon Hunter 4)?

...and one more question, although not as important as the above:

3. Aside from creature summoning, does the player have access to other offensive/defensive magic? I'm asking this question in regards to completionists who'd probably like a crazy insane challenge...ya know, like beating the game without summoning creatures.
1.) No. You can enjoy the game without the multi-player section. The single player is a lot more than a "nice addiction". It has a lot of additional characters and a great story.

2.) No. You don't need an account (only the GameCenter regular account is required for multiplayer) or an internet connection to play. There is no hidden timer...

3.) The player has three direct spells (plus its main attack). But the game has been designed around the idea of summoning creatures, so these spells are more situational. If you like challenges you can try to finish the solo campaign in expert mode (or become a Legendary Sorcerer on the multiplayer ladder). ;-)

Thanks,
Yves.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlexusGames View Post
Official release date has just been announced: November 4, 2013!

Ready for grabbing the game on that day.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:38 PM

PlexusGames - Hahaha, thank you very much for answering my questions completely. I am also glad that the game's core lies in the Single-Player mode (I'm old skool, lol) and that internet connectivity won't interfere with my gaming experience when I'm on the go (or if I just want to play whenever/wherever I want). I look forward to November 4th, 2013!

Last edited by senkoujin; 10-28-2013 at 11:42 PM..
Old 11-04-2013, 05:08 AM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Default Runic Sorcerer is available!

Runic Sorcerer is available! Champaign!

App Store Link!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Already downloading
Will give it a shot in the evening, if I find the time.

Only thing that disappoints me right away is that it is free, and not a full-price app.
Ah well, will see how the IAP goes...
Old 11-04-2013, 12:02 PM
iPad, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Already downloading
Will give it a shot in the evening, if I find the time.

Only thing that disappoints me right away is that it is free, and not a full-price app.
Ah well, will see how the IAP goes...
This is not a freemium model full of consumable IAP. There are only three in-app purchase to get the complete game. And if you don't want to play online you can buy only the campaign (which cost you about $2.99).

For me, as a developer and as a gamer, I really want to build a multiplayer community. Now you can play unranked game entirely for free. I think it is a great way to have many people playing online. We had a lot of fun during the beta tests and there are still an infinite number of strategies to discover.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:41 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the quick reply, Plexus!
That alleviates my worries.
Despite some initial critique points (more on that later), I like Runic Sorcerer and sure will send money your way.

By the way: if there isn't one yet, you should start a new thread under "...games".
Continuining in an "upcoming" thread is somewhat frowned upon here, and it might get closed.