No Apple Invitations for Oct 15th Event?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ibMurph, Oct 8, 2013.

1. ibMurph

ibMurph Active Member

Sep 24, 2013
    With the new iPad unveiling originally rumored to be on Oct 15th I was hoping that today we'd hear that invitations had been received confirming this. Alas, I can't find anything anywhere so my heart is now broke for I think I'll have to wait even longer to get myself a new iPad.

I did have a 3rd gen 32 gb that I bought and had shipped to my house the first day it was available. I used that baby for all my gaming amongst other things but it was unfortunately stolen from me back in June and I've been patiently waiting for the new one to come.

Between the exclusive ipad game ShadowRun Returns and the universal but much better on an ipad games like Infinity Blade 3, XCOM and Terraria I will have a lot of gaming to catch up on. Not to mention comics read/look better, along with just about everything else. Ahhh I want an ipad!

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Not yet! That date is still a rumour anyway so we just have to wait and see :)

3. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    October 22nd.

4. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    ????

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    AllthingsD says Oct 22nd. Hooray!!!

6. Time for a new ipad!

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I'm almost ashamed to say that i'll be buying one to. But simply because I can't do anything with 64gb, I need that 128GB! The added redesign and A7 will be nice too :)

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    128 would be nice. Like... REALLY NICE. On top of the A7 core of course.

9. ibMurph

ibMurph Active Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Woohoo! While it's a week later than I anticipated here's hoping the release date is not too far past the unveiling.

10. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Things that I would like to see:

• - I don`t want to hear from any Apple executive a single excuse this time.
    • - I don`t wanna hear a single "We couldn`t".
    • - I don`t want too see any single Benchmark where the new Tablet isn`t at least 15% faster then any other Tablet currently on the Market.
    • - I want to see Tim Cook get up on the Stage and literally blow up my freaking mind.

11. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    #11 indalico, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    I had considered the mini, but too bad there isn't much known about that at all, or if it'll even happen at their event.

I can finally afford a decent tablet, and I've been wanting something to replace my laptop that's falling apart.

[​IMG]

12. I'm too poor for a new iPad, so I shall look on in jealously

13. I would like to see something about the so far phantom joysticks.

14. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'll be curious if the new Mini has Retina this time, and what chip it's using. Either way, it's all about 128 gig for me, too. :)

15. ibMurph

ibMurph Active Member

Sep 24, 2013
    If the mini does have retina and comes with the A7 then I may end up going with that instead, though that is pretty unlikely so I'll most likely be sticking with the 5.

16. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Any chance that a non-retina mini could be nearly as powerful as the new ipad? I don't know how much a difference lower specs can have when the device only has 25% of the pixels of the big daddy.

I was expecting a widescreen ipad before the leaks came out. That's apparently not the case.

17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #17 klink, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    I bet the iPad mini goes with A6 processor. You would think it's still going to be a 'value' price option in the iPad line up. Size alone doesn't differenferate from the full size iPad. Retina screen is a wildcard but I'm sure it will eventual have it.

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    You guys getting wifi only or LTE one?

19. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'll probably end up wi-fi, but I'd love the option of LTE, though I don't have a data account I could use it on at present. :)

20. jakooistra

jakooistra Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Video Game Designer
    Canada
    I love my mini, it's the perfect size. :) retina would be amazing, but I kind of hope that they don't release it this year so I can put off upgrading for another year...

:(

Other than food and shelter, I think Apple takes the rest of my money.