Detective Dixie - New Detective game in Fantasy World!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Giantleapgame, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giantleapgame

Giantleapgame Active Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Game Designer, motion artist,
    Jakarta Indonesia
    #1 Giantleapgame, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Hi Touch Arcade!

We are GiantLeapgames, an indie game developer from Indonesia, and we want to share something a bit different than the games you usually found here. What we create is a Detective game that will let you, the player, act like a real Detective. All you're gonna do is teasing your mind to pull every piece of clues together by deduction from facts, and solve every mystery in this fantasy world.

This is the trailer and the screenshots

[​IMG]

So, these are a little leak about Detective Dixie and the Revenge of Wishteria:

Artwork Style
    One thing that we concerned when playing a good game is about how the game can immerse our self into their unique world, and of course it became one of our inspiration. We want to make people who play the game feel the same way. That’s why in this Detective Dixie game, we put the story into some fantasy surrealism world which filled with various magical stuff and creatures.

Story
    The background of the story is in the Middle World where lots of Magical Cities and its creatures live in a society that really not always has peace. Crimes take place in many different forms and causing many bizarre mysteries. A female Detective who loves solving the case take an long journey to solve them and make sure the villain can’t get away from their mystical alibis.

Features:
    You will help Detective Dixie to:

■ Investigate the Crime Scene
    Find all evidences left in the crime scene by tapping the items and talk to the people who might have information about the case.

■ Travel to the Wishteria Town and Collect the Clues
    Every magical place of the town has its own secret. Travel to every corner of the town and talk with the residents to pull any testimonies and all the clues that you need.

■ Solve the Mini Puzzles to Interrogate the Suspects
    The sheriff will provide you with the list of persons who might be involved with the case. Find them and interrogate them to prove their alibis, but beware. They won’t give you any valuable information without any puzzles to be solved.

■ Unveil the Murder Trick and Arrest the Killer
    Bring all the evidences you have gathered to the police station and convince them to arrest the suspect. Choose your evidences as solid proofs to support your theory carefully, and destroy the killer’s alibis as well.

This game is a perfect choice for you, the gamer who love to read a mystery-fantastical stories to follow, such as graphic novel.

Detective Dixie and the Revenge of Wishteria will be available in IOS in 10th May 2015, and of course, Android version will be coming soon. So, for more updates, you guys can follow our fanpage in Facebook and Twitter.

We would be honored if you guys from Touch Arcade would share your thought and give us the advices, since we are still new.
    Thank you so much ***cheers*** \(^o^)/ ***cheers***

2. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Is this a typical point and click adventure? The art work looks very beautiful, and I'm really digging the character design.
    I hope there's a fair amount of challenge to this though. I'm a little worried about al lot of the clicking. If it's anything like a hidden-object game, I might have to avoid this one.

3. Giantleapgame

Apr 12, 2015
    Jakarta Indonesia
    #3 Giantleapgame, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Hi, thank you for the compliment Adsinjapan!
    Yes, it's a point and click adventure, but it will be focusing on the story while the player will solve the puzzles in this game.
    Of course, this is not a hidden-object game. The player must to use their observation skill like the real detective. If you wanna know more,this is the gameplay.

Later, we will update the character design. So always stay tune for more information.

Thank you ***cheers*** \(^o^)/ ***cheers***

4. Giantleapgame

Apr 12, 2015
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Early Concept art of Detective Dixie

[​IMG]

Hi guys,
    Anyway this is one piece of our early concept art before finally moving into the latest version as you can see above. Stay tune for the next updates :cool:

5. locomoco

locomoco Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Wow … the artwork is stunning! I'll be keeping an eye on this. Looking forward to its release.

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Like the artwork a lot I'll look forward to it. :)

7. Giantleapgame

Apr 12, 2015
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Hi Andre thanks for the compliment!! We will upload more artworks and concept art, hope you can enjoy them later :)

8. Giantleapgame

Apr 12, 2015
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Hi Locomoco, thanks a lot!! we will upload more of our artworks till its released, Stay tune :)

9. Jamiexx

Jamiexx New Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Can't wait to play this new datective game

Wow.. The game seems interesting, with an alluring story and beautiful artwork. It's worth to be waited. I can't wait to play this game soon:rolleyes::D

Hope the developer will always update about the game, until the release :D

10. Giantleapgame

Apr 12, 2015
    Jakarta Indonesia
    #10 Giantleapgame, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    screenshot of Detective Dixie game

[​IMG]

Hi guys!!

This is one of the scene in Detective Dixie game. There was a murder in a peaceful kingdom, and there are only 3 suspects happened to be at the crime scene. What is the real motive? Wait for the real case on 10th May 2015

11. sgk.george

sgk.george Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    San Francisco
    Really cool art style! And the trailer music is also great. Good job!

12. Giantleapgame

Apr 12, 2015
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Detective Dixie game

Hi Jamie, many thanks!! Sure, until 10 May i'll try to reveal the key assets for touch arcade. Hope you will like the rest as well. :)

13. Giantleapgame

Apr 12, 2015
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Detective dixie game

Hi George, many thanks!! Hope you will like the music inside this game as well :)

14. I'm intrigued.
    I hope this will be a premium game?

15. The art is so beautiful! The music and theme reminds me of Adventures of Tin Tin

16. Giantleapgame

Apr 12, 2015
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Detective Dixie game

Hello AppUnwrapper thanks for sharing our trailer!! Really appreciate it:)
    The first 6 weeks this game will be free with in app purchase, and after that it will be a premium one.

Btw love your website, there are many interesting reviews there. Good work:)

17. Giantleapgame

Apr 12, 2015
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Detective dixie game

Halo Rexxie thanks a bunch, yea i was thinking to use surrealism mythical song for this one, just to make sure the player will be drawn into the world in this game. Stay tuned till 10 May :)

18. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    wow, another talented developer from my country, salam kenal bro. what an amazing piece of artwork you have there. i really looking forward for it and going to play it once it release. best luck for the team.

19. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    The art/graphics is georgous.
    Love the girl hero!

20. Giantleapgame

Apr 12, 2015
    Jakarta Indonesia
    Hi! Thank you so much for your compliment, Redribbon! Salam kenal juga, Bro! I hope you will enjoy all puzzles when you play Detective Dixie ***cheers*** :D:D