Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-13-2014, 06:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Multiplayer update should be their priority. Arcade style gameplay is Boring against the AI, but is probably much more fun against real players and if they can get it right, maybe they dont even have to make a Sim mode and still be fun.

I would sooner play a sim game against AI than an arcade game in multiplayer.

As I said in an earlier post, playing VTT that is much more realistic than this makes this hard to return to as the game is now. No real skill involved just get your timing right is not challenging or that much fun

GaZ
Old 06-19-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaZ-OiD View Post
As I said in an earlier post, playing VTT that is much more realistic than this makes this hard to return to as the game is now. No real skill involved just get your timing right is not challenging or that much fun
How is the AI in VTT? Do you feel that its easy to outsmart the VTT AI?

I do agree that Table Tennis Touch is not fun in regard to the matches (the mini games are more fun) I feel that the only skill required in this game is reaction time. Placement of the ball is unimportant/nonexistent because the AI will almost always return the ball (Until you do enough returns and finally the AI will "mess up").
Its ironic how it takes a long time to get points in this "speed based ping pong game".
Old 06-19-2014, 04:01 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
How is the AI in VTT? Do you feel that its easy to outsmart the VTT AI?

I do agree that Table Tennis Touch is not fun in regard to the matches (the mini games are more fun) I feel that the only skill required in this game is reaction time. Placement of the ball is unimportant/nonexistent because the AI will almost always return the ball (Until you do enough returns and finally the AI will "mess up").
Its ironic how it takes a long time to get points in this "speed based ping pong game".
VTT feels and plays so much more realistic, I played table tennis for years so trust me

AI is top notch and all games seem very fair, skill required

GaZ

Last edited by GaZ-OiD; 06-19-2014 at 04:04 AM..
Old 06-21-2014, 10:34 AM

I played a game in VTT against the most difficult opponent available at the start and lost 1-11. It is like TTT in that there are long rallies, but it feels more interactive because I have to be mindful on how to place the ball. More than half of the points were due to me hitting a out.

I can now agree with Gaz if you combine VTT gameplay with TTT production values, it would make for a better game against the AI.

Though I wouldnt make my final opinion until the multiplayer comes out.
If they are having problems achieving high speed in online wifi, I suggest them to go with Gaz's advice and make a more balanced and smooth game by sacrificing a little speed for control.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
I played a game in VTT against the most difficult opponent available at the start and lost 1-11. It is like TTT in that there are long rallies, but it feels more interactive because I have to be mindful on how to place the ball. More than half of the points were due to me hitting a out.

I can now agree with Gaz if you combine VTT gameplay with TTT production values, it would make for a better game against the AI.

Though I wouldnt make my final opinion until the multiplayer comes out.
If they are having problems achieving high speed in online wifi, I suggest them to go with Gaz's advice and make a more balanced and smooth game by sacrificing a little speed for control.
VTT is more fluid and realistic, it relies far more on player skill and timing as opposed to timing alone.
Multiplayer is always nice but not always easy when split second timing is essential and lag a problem.
Getting the single player game right would do me a treat as I don't get that much satisfaction winning points when no skill is really involved

GaZ
Old 06-23-2014, 03:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Quick Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Tennis Touch View Post
Hi all, I'm James one of the developers of Table Tennis Touch. I'm not here to promote, just to answer any questions you might have:

@VirtualBoyFreak: the download size is something we've battled with. We have some lovely big arenas that all have retina graphics, and those graphics take up a lot of space. Also, Table Tennis Touch is a Universal app, so if you buy it for you iPhone it will also work on your iPad. But that means we have a few more graphics on board. I think it's worth it ;-)

@ImJPaul: I can understand why you'd think it's a basic game! But it's not just plain table tennis matches (although there are a lot of them). We have 6 different types of mini-games that you play with a table tennis bat (skittles, little house, half table ...). You can see them in our trailer and screen shots. Having coded them all, I can tell you they're not that simple!

@GaZ-OiD: sorry, but they are first to 11. But you can do best of 5 sets. We found that hardcore table tennis players sometimes wanted 21 points but most people found it too long.

If anyone else has any questions I'll keep an eye on this thread and reply as soon as I can.

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

First of all thank you for the work that you and your team put into the creation of this game. I have only played a few minutes and am already hooked. The graphics are great the options useful and the game play excellent. To those who complain about the size I say get a micro such card or play on a pad not a phone, I would be willing to add a gig more to improve the game in any way you and the team saw fit.

Anyways the question I have is regarding topspin and backspin. The tutorial went over the side spin well and I have that down. However the description indicated drop shots and such which require vertical spin which was not covered. Is this something that gets added as I progress or am I just not able to figure it out.

Thanks for any information you can give and I am looking forward to the multiplayer add on, I hope it has peer to peer or local network options available. The internet matches I think may suffer from lag and frame loss but I would love to be able to play my wife or friends in a tournament or twenty

Sean