Drift Zen Racer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Skiproach Studio, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiproach Studio

Skiproach Studio Well-Known Member

#1 Skiproach Studio, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Drift Zen Racer is on the store now!

I created a new thread in the iPhone and iPad Games:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=277589

This little game was a project meant for own purpose, trying out different new development technics. But, in the end we decided to make a little game out of it.

Trying to catch the zen feeling, it doesn't have to be all about grabbing points, it's cool to just drift around and cut corners as the car slides sideways.

[​IMG]

It's simple, easy to control, but can be hard to time the drift correctly. Grab points on your way and set a highscore.

Game Center leaderboard is included.

The game is submitted for review today, so hopefully we see it on the store next week some time.

Relax, drift, enter the zone.

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Will be keeping an eye out for this, looks really good!

3. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    This would be my type of game, only wish you actually based it on Japanese drift cars, Silvia's, AE-86's etc ...

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ha, very nice looking game indeed. I'll be all over this.

5. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    This looks wonderful!

Day one download for me!

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Looks really fun!!! What's the price point on this baby?

7. Skiproach Studio

Will be free. I did put in a banner every 7 play through.

8. Skiproach Studio

Would be awesome to make different cars. But honestly, we have before made "bigger" games, years of development, and almost got no traction. So, this is a different approach this time around. See if anyone have interest in such type of game, watch the download numbers, and then see if we want to expand with more content.

After all, this is just a hobby project :)

Still would be awesome, and it has crossed our minds.

9. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    I hear ya, I've just yet to see a game on the App Store that caters to authentic Japanese style, everything is just too "cheesy" and generic. If you were say, drifting through the touge at night -- just relaxing, in your Signal Auto Skyline... I think that might catch the heart of the millions of teens and early 20's that are obsessed with that lifestyle!

Maybe also drift through a pixelated downtown Shibuya... See where I'm going? Even little customization options or to be able to store the cars you've unlocked in your garage. I know it's total scope creep, but the overall look and feel of your game just seem to go hand in hand with these ideas!

10. Skiproach Studio

I agree, could be awesome. It's great ideas, i'm always up for new ideas.. Not sure the setup in this game match what you describe, would require some changes.. Anyway, really cool to hear about your ideas :)

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Can't wait for this game to come out. Skiproach developed my all time favorite iOS racing game, Drift Club Racer 2. I still play the hell out of it to this day. It's just a bummer that it'll only run on my old iPhone 5. It runs great on the iPod Touch 5G and it looks great at 2X on the iPad Air 2. If you haven't played that one yet and have one of those devices, I highly recommend it. (I also did a "My 2 Cents" video of DCR2 awhile back.

I'll definitely be picking this one up as soon as it's released tho!

12. Skiproach Studio