Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    That's what they are Doing? You don't understand how much Sony has been spending money to create new IAP for exclusive for playstation? They can't just go and spent entire money on the vita. They are spending their money on games like soul sacrifice and killzone.

2. turkgames

turkgames Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Student
    Ankara
    GTA is the system seller

3. turkgames

turkgames Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Student
    Ankara
    I don't understand why there are less songs in Fifa 13 Vita compared to PS3. The game itself is 2.8Gb but I know that Vita game cards are 4gb. They shouldn't crop the soundtrack at least

4. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Even GTA can't save Vita alone. PSP's number only went up a little back when Liberty City Stories was released on PSP 5 years ago, then the numbers went flatline back to usual low sales.

5. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

So, anyone getting Sonic & AllStars Racing Transformed or Oddworld: Strangers Wrath tomorrow?

The more I look at sonic, the more I want it. It'd be nice to have another Kart racer especially since the first Sonic was pretty decent.

I never got to play the Oddworld game though. I remember it coming out for my Xbox years ago, but never gave it a try. Any recommendations, is it decent?

6. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    I've had Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed pre-ordered since October, I'm pretty excited for that game. It looks like it's gonna be really good.

7. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Vita needs an original game, not a port, that you can't play anywhere else, and touts exactly what Sony has marketed the device as, Portable Console Quality Gaming. Until this happens, iOS and even the 3DS will continue to dominate.

At best, the Vita becomes a glorified Wii-U controller for the PS3/4 and gives it new life. Which sadly still doesn't use the system as it was originally marketed, but given its specs it should work nicely in this area.

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Vitas only been out here about 9 months the amount of games so far doesn't bother me at all there are already quite a few gems. About the only thing that did make me worry about where it was going are the two Nihilistic games and I'm a lot happier now they have moved on to mobile.

I'm already pretty happy with my collection

Disgaea 3, Everybodys Golf, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Fifa Football, Modnation Racers, NFS Most Wanted, Wipeout 2048, Streetfighter X Tekken, Unit 13, Resistance Burning Skies, Hustle Kings, Motorstorm RC, Mutant Blobs Attack

also a couple of PSP games and minis

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I downloaded it of PSN+ earlier this year when they were offering it for free. Honestly, I found it extremely boring. The whole switching between 3rd and 1st person worked well enough, but the story, gameplay, and general package just seemed incredibly dull. I got to what I'm sure was the final assault on the enemy base but never bothered finishing it. If its going fairly cheap then maybe check it out (you may like it more than I did), but otherwise I would personally recommend you spend your money elsewhere.

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I'd say the way things are now the Vita may not have that system seller for everyone, but it does have a lot of good games. Perhaps that's a good thing, because one amazing game only lasts for so long.

I don't see the big problem with the Vita getting ports from home consoles/PC.
    Think of it this way: Yes, there are some games you can get everywhere (for any home console), but it's only on the Vita you can also play those games everywhere.
    Of course it still needs its exclusives as well, but ports of new games aren't all that bad, as long as they're done well.

11. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I agree with you completely. The second paragraph especially makes sense to me. Cause I'm always on the go and so I have no bome consoles.

12. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Like let's say for all these fighting games port on the vita. I much rather to play them on the vita than sitting on the couch with a big screen.

13. MicroByte

I picked up Sonic & Sega Transformed from Target today at lunch and wanted to share some initial impressions.

As far as I can tell, the game looks like it's running in native resolution and the framerate has been pretty solid - leaps ahead of something like Modnation. The worlds have been great to look at so far with their own distinctive themes (Panzer Dragoon looks pretty awesome!). The colors are really vibrant and looks great so far.

The game reminds me more of Diddy Kong Racing for obvious reasons. I'm really liking the way the game transitions from one vehicle to the next. Instead of just a set stage with all flying or a set stage with boats, you might race one lap all Kart and then something happens in the next lap that causes you to use the boat.

For the price, I think it's well worth it. I'm having fun so far and just working through the stages on easy and then will progress to medium and then hard.

Any questions anyone has, let me know.

14. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    sounds good to me. too bad I have racing covered with Most Wanted and the upcoming Ultimate Speed Pack that I'm really hoping is released for Vita tomorrow.

15. MicroByte

Something to add about Sonic Racing, there are a few modes included with the game which include World Tour, Grand Prix, Time Attack and Single Race.

World Tour has you going track by track raising your characters level as you progress. There seems to be a little variety in the series so it's not just pure racing. I've had to beat some rivals as well as play some other types like Drift Challenge and Boost Challenge.

The Grand Prix mode is there for traditional tiered racing ala Mario Kart.

So far, I'm enjoying this game. Still on easy as I want to beat all of Grand Prix and World Tour before going on, but it's definitely one of the better Kart Racers I've played.

16. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    I'm right there with you. I got the Assassin's Creed bundle when it came out and I'm MORE than happy with the games I have;

Madden 13
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    Street Fighter x Tekken
    Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
    Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation
    Ragnarok Odyssey
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal
    Unit 13
    Call Of Duty Black Ops: Declassified
    Rayman Origins
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
    Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection
    Dungeon Hunter Alliance
    Dynasty Warriors Next
    Fifa Soccer
    Fifa Soccer 13
    Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz
    Little Deviants
    Gravity Rush
    Silent Hill: Book of Memories
    Shinobido 2: The Revenge of Zen
    Resistance: Burning Skies
    Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    BEN 10 Galactic Racing
    Mortal Kombat
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
    Wipeout 2048
    Asphalt: Injection
    Lumines Electronic Symphony

The only downloaded game I have is Power Stone Collection

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is in the mail and it'll be here saturday

Personally I'm really looking forward to 2013 for the Vita;

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    Soul Sacrifice
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
    Dead or Alive 5 Plus
    Killzone: Mercenary
    Warrior's Lair
    and possibly Final Fantasy X HD

and while personally I don't think it'll happen, the game I want to be released eventually is Final Fantasy Type-O

17. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    And people still say no games to play...

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Don't want to come off as a troll, but honestly there are quite a few on that list that're terrible and few are brilliant or received rave reviews. After over a year, the library of good titles should e bigger, and there really hasn't been an exceptional AAA title on the Vita. It doesn't even have any good FPSs.

19. MicroByte

Sonic gameplay footage - I love the Panzer Dragoon stage!

20. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    That's the thing whether a game is good or not is simply a matter of opinion. I like every Vita game I own and wouldnt refer to any of them as terrible. Just like in my opion Call Of Duty is a pretty decent FPS. Terrible - no. Over priced - yes. A lot of the arguments that get brought up about COD, short campaign, when has the modern era COD games EVER been known for their campaign. you can beat the console COD campaigns in a couple hours, you want the campaign to last longer than 40 mins. to an hour then turn up the difficulty NOBODY is beating that campaign in under an hour on veteran without playing through it a lot. Another is the spawns in multiplayer I only occasionally experience poor spawns on 2 maps Nuketown and Container but yeah it would be nice if there were 2 or 3 more maps and if the maps were a little bigger. Also the graphics argument is straight laughable as the graphics are far from terrible.