Shadowgun Deadzone - Online Multiplayer Unity Shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lumothesinner, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I honestly think the language barrier has a lot to do with some issues TAers have had.

2. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    ok again.. there is no way how to buy weapons, perks, gadgets, cash for real money. You can earn your cash only throug killing, healing, zone actions, etc..

I dont know how to say it better. iAP will not ruin game. I know it, because I designed it this way and also wrote a lot of source code for this game.

is it clear now ? ;)

3. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Sane words, sane words.

Yay you're still here, don't leave us D:

4. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I really, really honestly don't get you. You're saying cash is only obtained via killing, healing etc? And that IAPs won't get us any in-game cash?

Then, if true, it renders this whole discussion moot. I'll run around town naked...in my dreams of course. In real life, I'll probably spend on some IAPs for whatever there is in the game.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That's great news, but then how the hell will the game make you guys your well-deserved paycheck?

6. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Sounds awesome! But how will you guys get the money you guys deserve :/ what exactly are the iAP for, how can it benefit one?

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This will be everyone's game to wait for MC4 and then everyone except guys who don't have credits will leave. Hope it stays alive once the giant enters

Free tag of course helps

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I only want two things in this game: multilanguage support and updates. I think the game won't get the first thing, so I hope that it will get some updates after the release.

9. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Not in NZ yet. It'll prob be a simultaneous release.

10. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Ok, for iAp or TapJoy or SponsorPay(no registration required) you will get golds. Golds could be spend on Hats, Skins (ie customize character) and premium acount. Premium account is good for a a little bit faster ranking or making more cash, voicechat a priority queue for matchmaking. So this should cover backend, like servers, cloud support, voicechat and hopefully make enough money for more updates like new maps, modes, weapons, gadgets, clan battles, leagues or tournamets(with rewards), etc

Bad news is that game is same as console game, so you need good device and at least 512MB ram.. So iPad1 and iPod Touch 4g will not be supported. I know that some of you will be sad, but there is not way how to shrink it to 256MB ram, especially on ios6 :(

Best
    Marek

11. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    :( week just ruined...won't be able to play till Christmas with a iPad mini...dang it...

12. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    iPad 1 used to work fine with Shadowgun..I played through the whole game, and even Dead Trigger works okay! Even a highly-graphical game such as Need For Speed Most Wanted works with little lag.

I know iPad 1 owners are decreasing day-by-day, so I'm not too upset. However, there are still way too many iPod Touch 4th Gen users, and they're going to be extremely upset and disappointed.

Bad move MadFinger. I think you should reconsider not supporting those devices.

13. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    And another thing: Why'd people stop making games for N64?! Come on devs!!!

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yea mad finger lost my support with shadow gun crashing and dead trigger getting stale and crashing and now not supporting the touch 4 that's even worse

15. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Go whine to Apple about the hardware.

MADFINGER: Will you guys also update Shadowgun to support 4" widescreen resolution?

16. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    That's true...when Shadowgun first came out...it ran on my iPad 1 flawlessly, and no lag at all. After each update however, the game just got slower, and crashier. Even Dead Trigger was the same, until that Halloween update, the game became unplayable. Therefore, I retrieved back the 1.0 version of the game from my iTunes backup, and continued to play the game with no lag at all.

17. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    You, Mr Marek, have made my day. Never in my wildest dreams did I think of an IAP implementation as flawless as this. Sounds good. Really good. Sorry for my remarks previously, but I honestly thought that IAPs would be in to buy the ingame currencies. Probably jumped the gun there....and now I am thoroughly ashamed of my attitude. At least this teaches me a thing or two about how not to speculate, even if it is an educated guess.

God bless you and your team!

18. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.

You know, there are too many assets, textures for characters, weapons, gui, ets that its just imposible withou decreasing quality for others :(

19. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    iPod Touch 4 and iPad 1 are old and slow, would you like them to make it run but without 50% effects? I don't think so

20. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    You have iPhone 4 right? :)
    So, are you ready for game without 50% effects? ;)