Best music game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KEVINMS14, Jun 3, 2012.

1. KEVINMS14

KEVINMS14 Member

May 15, 2012
    After getting groove coaster I want more music games, its the best ios game I have ever played, I love everything about it!

Which are the best ios muisc games in your opinion?

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thumpies.

3. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    #3 kioshi, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Cytus imo, I have Radballs, Groove Coaster and the Beat Sneak Bandit (think that's the name, I hated the game) - Cytus was the only one that got me addicted besides Groove, and even more than GC.

Found a vid with my fav song on Cytus (it's on hard mode, it's much more forgiving on normal) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5iftV_tQGU

4. im.krystal

im.krystal Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Canada
    Gahh, my post didn't show up... anyway, I recommend Beat Hazard Ultra. The gameplay is powered through YOUR music, so check it out! :D

5. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I got this one now, played only 3 tracks but although it's a very fun shooter, I'm not feeling the rhythm affecting the game. Maybe it's just me and I'll feel it with time? I tried with soft songs (like U2) and power songs like Eminem.

6. im.krystal

im.krystal Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Canada
    Yeah, it depends on your song in the end. I noticed with soft songs your beams are more light weighted etc. Maybe you'll feel it in time... Took me awhile but I can definitely tell the difference. If it's Eminem, it should be seizure like lol. Btw, I looked up Groove Coaster + Cytus and they look awesome. But they don't run on my 2G... Lfkclslsjagsddha -_-

7. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Oh I see, I looked at it as a music oriented game, which yes it kinda is, but not the type that you have to play to the rhythm like Cytus, Groove Coaster and the (unfun for me, but people seem to like it) Beat Sneak Bandit.

Anyway I loved your recommendation because it's a very fun shooter and the effects turned to 200% are AWESOME :D

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Try it with this track. ;)

9. Miku Flick, Groove Coast, and Cytus.

10. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Wow thanks, the game really lights up and looks like fireworks with this kind of sound! :D

11. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    PewPew's music is great (IMHO)

Admittedly I am a bit biased since I am the developer of PewPew, but I really think its music is truly great.
    At one point, something like 20% of the comments on the game praised the music.

Please, go ahead and download it, it cost me a small fortune to convince the musician to release it for free :D

http://onurmusic.com/pewpewost/media/PewPew%202%20OST.zip

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Micron. It's a fantastic music based puzzle game... I'm LOVING it right now. =oD

13. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Mad Acorn is my favorite music game on the iphone...awesome game.

14. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    My suggestions:

muBlip
    Groove Coaster
    Maestro Green Groove (great game, but I can't find it in US AppStore, was it pulled?)
    Radballs
    Papa Sangre

The last two are not typical music games but still worth checking out IMHO.

15. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Does beat sneak bandit count? ;)

16. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    jubeat/jukebeat and reflec beat. Jukebeat is available on US store, the other 2 is in Jap store. Best music arcade games ever!

17. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Cytus. DDR (the version on iOS is heavy on freemium, but it's still the granddaddy of the genre and there's nothing like playing Kind Lady or Sakura while on the train), Auditorium (an absolutely magical musical game, although not a reflex-based rhythm jam you may be expecting), and perhaps pulse (haven't tried it).

There is a stepmania client app that looks promising, as well.

18. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Wow Jukebeat is great, although I can't fathom how I'd play that on an iPhne/iPod (the first song on basic had me clicking at 4 spots at once).

It has so much variety, from Konami Themes to Disco (like ABBA iirc) and even teen stuff like Miley Cyrus (each song pack is 3.99, it comes with 3 konami songs only...)

Makes me think that a game with Jukebeat's songs and Cytus' gameplay would be the perfect rhythm game :D

19. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The original DDR, DDR-S, JuBeat, Beatrider, Cytus, and Rhythm Spirit. DDR and JuBeat for best quality obviously and best songs, no other games even come close, they're like the "forefathers" of rhythm games. Beatrider for the first game to allow you to create rhythms from your own songs and does the best job at it. Cytus for being very stylish though I haven't played this game very much yet. Rhythm Spirit for combining DDR with some action element, very fun. Beat hazard was terrible, just my opinion so don't bother flaming if you're trying to. It's just an endless shooter with an unmoving square stage (like asteroids from 1979) where enemies are randomly generated in no relation to your music beats at all.

20. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore