Hunters Episode 1 (&HD) $4.99/$6.99 -> 99c

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Agas, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011

Hunters: Episode One

No 1 RPG / Strategy game in 16 countries!

Also available on iPad, Hunters: Episode One HD.

Set in a Un…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Also available on iPad, Hunters: Episode One HD.

Set in a Universe where contracts rule, Hunters allows you to build a team of Mercenaries and become the most renowned Bounty Hunters in the Galaxy.

====================================

“Final Fantasy Tactics. X-Com. Shining Force. All games that do turn-based strategy very well. If you have an iPhone or iPad, add Hunters to that list.” - Kotaku

“Jagged Alliance has gone spacewalking on the iOS” - Touch My Apps

“Boy oh boy, I can’t say enough praise for Hunters Episode One.” - No Dpad

“Hunters HD is a must-download strategy game for the iOS” - iPhone Strategy Games

“This is one of the best turn-based games I’ve ever played, on any platform.” - Arcade Life

"I'm digging Hunters. It's an ambitious, deep title with tons of equipment and stat options and a lot of menus." - TOUCH ARCADE

“How have you not bought this yet?” - Garnett Lee (Weekend Confirmed)

HUNTERS: Episode One is a turn-based strategy developed exclusively for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch by Rodeo Games.

Turn based strategy:
    Develop your own tactics and style of play in this turn based strategy game. Designed from the ground up for the iPhone and iPad devices.

New Missions:
    Each day you'll receive a set of contracts direct to the Bridge of your Spaceship, which you’ll have 24 real time hours to complete.

Customise your team:
    Customise your team of Hunters with weapons and armour, before dropping into the turn based strategy game.

Drop game:
    Navigate your Hunters through richly detailed environments. Take down AI controlled
    enemies and complete your Contract Objectives.

Trade:
    Buy bigger, more powerful weapons. Stronger armor. Better equipment. New stock is available every hour.

Levels and talents:
    Grow your team. Gain more equipment, upgrades, and special abilities. Build the most powerful team of mercenaries in the Universe.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Feb 25, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Hunters: Episode One HD

Also available on iPhone and iPod Touch, Hunters: Episode One.
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

Also available on iPhone and iPod Touch, Hunters: Episode One.

Set in a Universe where contracts rule, Hunters allows you to build a team of Mercenaries and become the most renowned Bounty Hunters in the Galaxy.

“Final Fantasy Tactics. X-Com. Shining Force. All games that do turn-based strategy very well. If you have an iPhone or iPad, add Hunters to that list.” - Kotaku

“Jagged Alliance has gone spacewalking on the iOS” - Touch My Apps

“Boy oh boy, I can’t say enough praise for Hunters Episode One.” - No Dpad

“Hunters HD is a must-download strategy game for the iOS” - iPhone Strategy Games

“This is one of the best turn-based games I’ve ever played, on any platform.” - Arcade Life

"I'm digging Hunters. It's an ambitious, deep title with tons of equipment and stat options and a lot of menus." - TOUCH ARCADE

“How have you not bought this yet?” - Garnett Lee (Weekend Confirmed)

HUNTERS: Episode One HD is a turn-based strategy developed exclusively for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch by Rodeo Games.

Turn based strategy:
    Develop your own tactics and style of play in this turn based strategy game. Designed from the ground up for the iPhone and iPad devices.

New Missions:
    Each day you'll receive a set of contracts direct to the Bridge of your Spaceship, which you’ll have 24 real time hours to complete.

Customise your team:
    Customise your team of Hunters with weapons and armour, before dropping into the turn based strategy game.

Drop game:
    Navigate your Hunters through richly detailed environments. Take down AI controlled
    enemies and complete your Contract Objectives.

Trade:
    Buy bigger, more powerful weapons. Stronger armor. Better equipment. New stock is available every hour.

Levels and talents:
    Grow your team. Gain more equipment, upgrades, and special abilities. Build the most powerful team of mercenaries in the Universe.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Role Playing, Strategy
    Release:Feb 25, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I never got this cause I thought it was a top-down shooter! I should be able to buy 3-4 0.79 euro games so this is definitely on the list of maybe getting :)

3. Slochy

Slochy Member

Feb 2, 2011
    What's up with the In-App "Trial Game" for 5,99$? Is this just a demo for 99c? I didn't follow the game until now but I don't see this being a price drop when you still have to shell out 5,99$ for getting the complete game. Could anyone please clarify this for me? Cheers, guys!

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I've bought the HD version, but I'm still confused about how the iAP works. I know that it once used to be Free + iAP unlock, but what are the iAPs about now other than more credit.

5. Slochy

Slochy Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #5 Slochy, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    Found this in the main Hunters thread which was posted a few months ago, so I suppose it's the full version.

They basically switched from an iAP unlock to a fully paid app. There is no more need to iAP unlock, although Apple still lists it because of historical reasons.

Apple really needs to remove this to avoid these confusions.

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Did they add the Singleplayer Campaign? (Storymode)

7. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Hmm...so no levels?? Is it infinite, endless game? Another fail here!

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This is pretty amazing on the iPad, thanks a lot to the dev for putting both versions on a 99c sale. Highly recommended at the 99c price for any self-respecting SRPG fan.

9. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Nah you go on missions, select who you use etc.. The only thing endless is they keep adding more missions, how that could be considered fail is beyond me. This is one of the very few great quality iOS games. Most of you guys consider some junk that looks like a flash game from 2005 to be great, this however, is actually great.

10. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Back to $0.99

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Very nice TBS title!! One of my favorites on the iDevice. =oD

12. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I have the ipod version but im tempted by the Hd one, is i worth it to also have it on my ipad if I have H 2 in there ?

13. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    i already have hunters 2 on my pad... should i pick up episode 1 nevertheless, or is the sequel all i need?

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Well...I just broke down and bought it. Even though I have the superior sequel.

I think I went 3, maybe 4 days without making a purchase...it had to come to an end sometime :rolleyes:

15. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Just loaded it up...it still has the timers between new missions. I forgot by now what restrictions there were if you didn't purchase the iap for the ipad version...was it a level cap or something.

Someone please fill me in.