Universal Puzzle & Dragons (by GungHo O. E. Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Can you elaborate on the strategy for a green team.

2. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    One multiplier: Brachys/Fafnir
    Orb-changer: Marine rider/ADK/Cuchullin
    Healer: Drayd
    Attackers: Lil' green dragon/ogres/chimeras/demons

You got to have at least one multiplier and one orb-changer.

3. Tastyfish

Feb 26, 2011
    Do you "play" the same way (ie. try and make matches and eliminate enemies ASAP) or do you try to build up turns versus a weaker wave if enemies trying to get your skills ready for end bosses, or some other strategy?

4. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Yeah, you'd better charge your skills ready before the boss then try to OTK the boss.

5. Pixelpojken

Pixelpojken Active Member

Dec 10, 2012
    You can never guess what my next pull was...:rolleyes:

6. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Bring on Hera!!!

So excited about this weekend. I have been using the Christmas stones to restore my stamina, but it was to push some evolutions.

This weekend I evolved my Valkyrie, a second Siren and my Alarune. Just waiting on a Keeper of Flame to evolve my Naga.

My healers now consist of 2 Lilith's, 2 Sirens, Valkyrie, Alarune and soon to be naga :D

7. iEdGamer

iEdGamer Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Congrats! 6.25 valkyries are a great team against Hera. But I'm thinking of Zombieing Hera too. Sure, need to spend some coins from wave 1-4, but from then on, it's a sure victory. Afterall, Hera's a 100% drop ;)

@Tastyfish, building a green team is okay, but I'd recommend you building a dark team. It's easier to build and they are good against all elements (No elemental damage reduction) And you can farm a vampire lord and feed the big baddies to up the Orb changing skill :)

8. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    To the dev: Would it be hard to add an endless mode that would play like a campaign level, except the enemies would continue to spawn until the V.I.P was killed, or you ran out of playing space?

9. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    When is hera? what other dungeons have a god you can drop?

10. digitalrice

digitalrice Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Yessir.

Attached Files:

11. iEdGamer

Jan 18, 2012
    Sweet! Very nice :)

12. Tastyfish

Feb 26, 2011
    I'm interested. However right now I only have:
    - a Dark Dragon Knight (maxed out but I don't have the first 2 evolve ingredients)
    - A black knight (maxed out)
    - Keeper of Dark (an evo material)

I have access up to Tower of Flare.

Do you suggest I take advantage of the Castle of Satan levels higher drop rates currently or start lower and get others? Also where is best place for vampire lord.

THanks.

13. iEdGamer

Jan 18, 2012
    #2113 iEdGamer, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    Alternative 1:
    As of now, the best place to farm for vampire is Castle of Satan, it appears rarely, but not that difficult since it's just a normal monster. But be prepared to grind. Take advantage of 1.5 times drop rate event and be prepared to grind.

Alternative 2:
    Use a big baddie as an orb changer at the moment and keep collecting Pal Egg Machine Rolls until you are ready to attempt your luck. Vampires are also monsters obtainable via Pal Egg Machines.

Keeper of Dark serves as a good filler at the moment for you due to its active 50% damage reduction skill, however, you'll need monsters that have 1.5x/2x damage multiplier taking the leader slot. My best advice would be for you to look for someone to exchange the Rank 20 egg if you haven't and hope for a dark dragon starter.

Also, run the pal egg machine a few times and if you happen to get a Dark Resist Dragon, level it and evolve it! It's incredibly useful.

You need mystic mask and dark keeper to evolve your chaos dragon knight, so go make a team that can nab you some mystic masks while the daily dungeon this coming week has 2x drop rate.

Wednesday Dungeon (simplest setup)
    Red Ogre (Leader)
    3x Samurai Goblin
    1x Echidna
    Siren the Enchanter (Helper)

OR

Red Ogre (Leader)
    4x Samurai Goblin

OR

Blue Ogre (Leader)
    4x Water Monsters (Preferably masks/blue sprites/blue masks)

Best of luck!

14. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Not sure if Gungho is around. But I bought some magic stones and I never got them. I received my receipt. I have emailed the company from Friday but no response as of yet.

15. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Quick question about matching colors... if you get five in a straight row or column, do you get the same bonus if you match five that are perpendicular (or anything NOT a straight line)?

Also, I've noticed that sometimes a huge chunk of colors will disappear and it counts as only one combo. For example today, while playing one of the weekend tri-color dungeons, the board was filled with at least 20 red orbs from using an ability. After making my move they all disappeared as one combo. Do you get any bonus from stuff like that? Or is it better to break up any large clumps and get multiple combos from smaller groups?

Thanks!

16. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    'nother question, sorry...

Is there cloud syncing or a way to play the same account on multiple devices? In other words, can my wife and I play on our iPads at home and then pick up where we left off on our iPhones while we are out?

17. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Matching combos is the only way to boost your attacks.

I've got all the 1/2 damage dragons at various degrees of evolution now. I was happy thinking I could use my stamina to farm Goblins for my Sirens, but now I need to grind away to get these dragons to 5 stars.

I haven't run any dungeons to get gems in a while either. By the time I have my monsters evolved, a patch will come out and I then have to grind new monsters lol.

18. Proc19

Proc19 Active Member

Dec 19, 2011
    There's a pretty good summary of the damage calculation and some quick points to make posted here (thanks, Opa Opa!). To quote the punch line from there:

19. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I ran the master level of both wood and water today. Took forever on the wood dragon because I had to use my dark monsters in order to have enough HP and orb changers to keep up with the healing.

0/2 on drops today. Not a chance I run those dungeons again as they took way way way too long and required a tremendous amount of focus and planning.

Oh well.

20. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Thank you thank you THANK YOU!

That original Opa-opa post was extremely comprehensive, but way over my head. The 3 points that you had in your post are exactly the details I was hoping to get.

Thanks again!