Where to buy.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 3dLUXMAN, May 4, 2009.

1. 3dLUXMAN

3dLUXMAN New Member

May 4, 2009
  2. Schenk Studios

Schenk Studios Well-Known Member

The ebay item looks shady at best. The seller has 0 feedback.

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Buy unity from the real unity website

4. 3dLUXMAN

3dLUXMAN New Member

May 4, 2009
    yes, but it is 1499$ + 1499$ to expensive for me

5. Axl Lowe

Axl Lowe Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Trust me, when it comes to these things, it is better to pay the full price, than to buy a very expensive box full of rocks from eBay.

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

As I said on the Unity site, reselling Unity licenses is not allowed, so the eBay auction is bogus to begin with. Just buy Unity + iPhone Basic for $600. You can upgrade to Pro later when you get some income from your game.

--Eric

7. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Just wondering, did you use Unity for RealMaze? Does it make it a lot easier to develope? Do you recommend to me (Still learning iPhone programming)? Thanks!

8. Eric5h5

Yep.

Well, I wouldn't be doing iPhone games if it weren't for Unity. :) Not that you get out of having to program or anything (Realmaze3D is 5000 lines and growing), but you get to concentrate on the "fun" parts and not the tedious framework parts. Also I find the type of coding in Unity much easier to deal with than Objective-C, although I'm sure some of that is just lack of familiarity.

Sure, but you can always download the demo and check it out for yourself.

--Eric

9. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Only 5000 lines of code? Stick Escape is 7890!!!!! Ok, thanks for the info, I'll download the demo and see if I can make sense of it. Thanks!

10. Eric5h5

Keep in mind that the Unity engine itself is doing quite a bit of work, so if I call something like "audio.Play()" then that's just one line for me, but there's probably a bunch of code actually running.

--Eric

11. WellSpentYouth

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I see, so it is like the AVFoundation framework running the background and you don't have to set it up, you just call it. I guess little things like that would save a lot of time.