Universal Time Surfer (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jan 9, 2013.

1. decabao

decabao Member

Dec 15, 2012
    So..I really enjoy this so far, but wish for an option where you can swap the controls.. For me as a lefthander using mainly my right thumb in games feels a bit uncomfortable

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I can see where you guys are coming from, obviously using a pet on every single run (talk about extreme ;)) would offer a clear advantage. But my opinion is stunted by the fact that I see the pets as pretty much useless, and the game is arguably more fun (and rewarding) when not using one. So I'll leave this argument for someone else, and get back to trying to beat Void's score. ;)

OFF TOPIC

Check out Bouncy!, the ''best rabbit bouncing on trampoline game ever''! :D

3. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah, he's ~3,300 higher than me on Regular mode but on Hell I'm ~600 more than him. If you want another dude from here for high score comparisons send me a friend request on GC. I'm nightc1 on there as well.

The deal with the cakes is interesting since I don't purchase IAP and mostly play without using the pet system so I can unlock more stuff. A tip to those struggling to get cakes in game... Use the time rewind function to alter your path when you see cakes appear so you can collect them. I can collect 100 cakes in one game if I focus on that task.

4. Grohl960

Grohl960 Active Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I'm wondering if I'm alone in this, but this is one of the only games I would like a mission skipping function in :p I find it hard to get hurt by ten different objects in one run since if you make it far enough, getting hurt once is a death sentence. Plus, I would rather spend my runs trying to get high scores then get hurt, but that's just me :rolleyes: either way, awesome job Kumo!

5. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    I sent the developer a request for this and he said it will be in the next update!

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    You are not alone! I too would love to be able to skip that particular mission. It's been in the queue for a day or two and I can't figure out a way to beat it, or even muster the patience to try anymore. There's nothing more frustrating than trying to fail 10 times and failing at it.

As for pets, I completely agree with Andy above. They seem like a great way to lose cake and not much else, so I'm not too worried about people buying their way to the top. In fact, I'm #35 on the leader boards without using any pets. I think the order of things that influence your score most would be Skill > Luck > Pets, with skill and luck close together and pets pretty far behind.

However, I would enjoy having a way to "buy" a pet permanently to use on every run. It seems like that would probably keep both camps happy.

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm still stuck on that mission, but I'm fine not having a skip option because it makes the game challenging. I know I'll get it. I'm still progressing on other missions and am at rank 43.

8. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Ha, that mission is also the one I just can't accomplish :) But I'm on it. One. More. Try.

9. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    It took me several tries to complete that mission, but it isn't that bad! You just need to make a run with that as your primary goal, using the time shift powers to align yourself to hit enemies and meteors early on before speed is absolutely required to advance.

I'm now stuck on the mission that calls for you to acquire every gem in a constellation without using a magnet. I thought I actually got it at one point but it either bugged out or I must have missed just one gem in that constellation because it didn't pop and I was unable to rewind anymore. :(

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I had that 'get hurt by 10 things' in my list for quite a while, but never attempted it until I read that some were having difficulty with it. Got it on my first try. ;) I had one hit left to go, and the 'end' was right on my ass, but I just got it in time. Ended up around 4,000m.

11. Grohl960

Grohl960 Active Member

Jul 1, 2009
    You've all inspired me, giving it another go now. Time surfer better get ready for some head bonkin'

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That one's pretty easy. Hit a spike, rewind for a split second, die again, rewind, do it 10 times. :)

13. Grohl960

Grohl960 Active Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I don't recall if spikes counted for me; I thought it was just asteroids and aliens. Also, not sure about your wording, but when you rewind after getting hurt it takes one away from your counter since they must be different objects hurting you (I can't tell if you were saying rewind and hit the same spike ten times, apologies if I'm wrong). Did it though! I feel silly now that it gave me so much trouble. It's kind of like a whole separate game managing the time mechanic so precisely along with speed to make sure you stay alive long enough.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... i think mine was "die 10 times in one run" or something.

15. Grohl960

Grohl960 Active Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Gotcha, I remember rewinding in and out of a pit for that one lol

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, spikes didn't count for that, and it had to be 10 different things, and you couldn't rewind or else it didn't count it... So you had to take the slowdown. =oP

I'm stuck on the 15 things now... =oP

And looking at screens, after that there's a 20?

Anyone know if there's a point when you will not have any more objectives to aim for? Or do they all start over once you've completed every one?

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    SyntheticVoid, what level rank are you at? It looks like it goes up to 150 since that's the top rank for the Japanese Robot pet.

18. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Loving this game but I'm not progressing that much lately score wise. I often feel like its harder to get a smooth perfect curve as opposed to Tiny Wings which seems to present more chances for it to create a better momentum!
    Since I've not been paying specific attention to achievements maybe I ought to ....to get more cake?!?
    Mmmmmmmm cake
    By the way it's fun to use "Beans Quest "character for the game....

19. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I've played 124 Games and I died at least 100 times at the black/white theme :(

20. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    And once you master it you will feel great ;) ...and then you'll master it most of the times. At least, that's my case, 160 games in it :)