iPhone Leisure Suit Larry HD - Replay Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Oct 12, 2011.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    From the front page:

[​IMG]

2. iPadCary

iPadCary Active Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Civil Servant
    New York City
    Larry Needs You!

Sorry for the bump, but the "Leisure Suit Larry" complete remake for iPad has only 75% KickStarter funding
    and the deadline's only 2 weeks away!!!

I thought there were some that weren't even aware of it -- like me, up until 10 minutes ago! lol -- and that
    maybe by mentioning it here & now, it'll get that extra last-minute boost to put it over the quickly approaching hump ....

Al Lowe himself & all of the original development team are behind this
    and you get tons of superüberultracool rewards & it's for a great cause!

The "Leisure Suit Larry" KickStarter page is here > "Leisure Suit Larry" KickStarter ReMake

Please ....

Won't you help?

iPadCary really wants to play this .... lol

3. loonypunk

loonypunk Member

Mar 8, 2010
  4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Edit:
    (Make Larry come back by helping pay for the project yourself!)
    Took a page right out of the book from those other crooks making that game World of Midgard who have been allowed to take "subscriptions" from people for over a year now. Then, after a year of collecting their money, tell everyone people with IOS can't participate in betas they actually paid to get! I'll tell you, TA shouldn't let these devs use this site to perpetuate their schemes like that!

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I don't understand. Do you have an issue with kickstarter in general? The LSL page doesn't even mention an iOS version. It's pretty clear the focus is the PC version (a copy of which is one of the lower tier rewards), and I think every iOS gamer knows the limitations of iOS beta testing and wouldn't expect that being allowed on the PC beta would also get them into the (much much smaller due to apple restrictions) iOS beta testing group. I don't know what the deal was with Midgard. I remember hearing about that game forever ago, but kind of figured they had given up since O&C came out.

6. styrisvps

styrisvps Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Leisure Suit Larry was fun when I played it... 20 years ago. Not now.

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    No, dude. No issue with kickstarter in particular. My problem is with devs that want YOU to help fund their projects up front. Period. So, what happens if their quota isn't met by their "deadline"? You gonna trust them to refund your money if the game is shelved? The whole thing just aint' right, bro. Simple as that. I realize there's a sucker born every minute, but still.....

8. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Aww, geez, I was actually hopeful someone had already started developing the IP for iOS when I read this thread title. :p

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Love LSL and Al Lowe, but man this Kickstarter crap is getting out of hand. $50,000 to have "Ken sent me" replaced with "YOUR NAME sent me"? Jesus...

10. loonypunk

loonypunk Member

Mar 8, 2010
    LSL 1 Reloaded iOS

@Royce
    As far as I know, they are using the unity engine and want to support pc Mac AND iPad from day one. (check out the video update #11 on kickstarter for information on this)
    That's why the project was featured on the TA front page some month ago and why this was posted here. If you enjoyed playing original LSL games in the past and want to play it on iPad feel free to go there, support it and get more information.

ps: I'm in no way affiliated to Replay Games or Kickstarter.. Just someone who liked the game in the past :)

11. The kickstarter thing is awesome though, pay over $100,000 or something and have a day with Al Lowe!! I mean, for someone who has the money thats awesome :D

It seems people will happily pay money for Gamedevs to make games they want - only to pay again to buy it. It's a win-win situation :)

Anyway, didnt play too much of LSL... but I absolutely love adventure games like this (Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Discworld Noir to name my absolute favourites).

If someone made a kickstarter for Discworld Noir on iPad I WOULD BE ALL OVER THAT SHIT. Because Discworld noir only works on Windows XP...

12. BigBadManiac

BigBadManiac Member

Apr 30, 2012
    x-ray Tech
    Savannah, Ga.
    It's still going to be made for the more "adult" users....right?

-BBM