Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-06-2013, 01:45 PM

Default Epic Pirates Story (by Epic Devs LLC) - Universal App

YouTube: video
Old 05-06-2013, 01:51 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Copied from another forum as I got no response there:
"I downloaded this for my iPhone 4 and it was quite good for a while but by the time I got 5 or 6 pirates it was taking so long to save it was unplayable. It would randomly freeze too - I assume this was when it was auto saving."
Has this update fixed the freezing problem?

Edit: the update appears to have fixed things.

Last edited by HLW; 05-12-2013 at 06:13 PM..
Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Wasn't this already released?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM

I have here the iPhone 5 and the iPad2 Mini, at the studio we have the iPhone 4 and 4S and weither on the version 1.0 nor on the version 1.1, which was released 2 days ago, we expired this issue.

However at our studio in Bulgaria, 1st to 6th May are holidays ( [url]http://www.web-calendar.org/en/holidays/bulgaria/2013[/url] ).

So my developers did not have the chance to look into the issue as of now, i hope that it is fixed, but if not, thats the first thing to do tomorrow morning.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogamer83 View Post
Wasn't this already released?
It is released since 2 weeks, is this the wrong forum to post in?

Since we did not do any forum posts for iOS so far, i have just started this thread.

And with the new version where we added all the wishes made by our players on the Android version, i thought its time to promote our game a bit.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

There was already a thread started that's all:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...+pirates+story
Old 05-06-2013, 03:14 PM

Thanks for the info,

this however was a post from the Forum Bot about the paid version.

And this here is the free version, which does not cost any money :/
Old 05-12-2013, 06:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The updated version seems to work fine with no freezing like I experienced before.

I recommend this if you like Kairosoft games - it's a lot simpler but still fun. I'd describe it as Kairosoft light, Kairosoft without the spreadsheets!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 AM

Just some feedback I have from playing the game. I really enjoyed it. However there are some significant bugs:

1. Saving. I found the game very quick to save and very responsive. However when I started a new game, it became hellishly laggy, staggering, unresponsive. (I am playing on an iPhone 5 with the latest version of iOS). Restarting the app and restarting my iPhone did not improve this problem at all - reinstallation was the only option.

2. Bugs. There is a major bug that stops the game progressing. It happens when a new pirate is supposed to join your party - but doesn't join. You get the message, but they don't join, and then your experience starts showing as "780/600" (or whatever) and climbs and climbs, but nothing happens and there are no new pirates and no new game quests.

In the first game I played, this happened after about seven pirates.

In the second game I played (after a reinstall, due to the lag/stalling issue), it happened after four pirates.

In the third game I played, it doesn't seem to have happened, but my experience appears to have maxed out and there are no new pirates after the thirteenth one. Which brings me on to:

3. The ending/end-game. I'm not sure if this is bugged or not, if there is supposed to be an ending, but my game has just kept playing. I maxed out at 3300/3300. No new quests or pirates have appeared. I did the last quest which appeared to be killing the big guy, but there was no "congrats" message or an option to retire and get a score. I am also missing three of the "ornamental" buildings: the top right, and the middle bottom and middle right.

4. Early game balance. The game went through a couple of stages where all quests were essentially unwinnable (early on, then a few pirates in). I just had to retry retry retry until it finally threw one at me that had slightly weaker monsters. I would suggest always having at least one "green quest" available.

5. Screen sleep
I feel that it would be useful to have an option to allow this game to keep the iPhone active, rather than going into sleep/screenlock. This happens too quickly, often in the middle of a battle (where you're not touching the screen as it's watch-and-wait combat). Particularly as one way to build up skills is to just let the game run.

All in all I do think this is a great game, and I really look forward to more from these developers. But the bugs in this game are problematic.