Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012

2. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    #462 goldglover411, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Ive found a glitch that gives you as many diamond/gold/iron blocks as you want. It kinda ruined the purpose of the game for me because now i am mining just to build. Im not going to put it here but im not going to update to the new version until i have a large stockpile of the blocks

edit: DOES NOT WORK ON NEW VERSION

3. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #463 tblrsa, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Well, I´m entirely new to Minecraft and took the plunge on this. It´s not bad for a sandbox game, yet I saw Gameplay Videos from the Mac/PC Versions and they seem to be quite more feature rich. For example, in this version Zombies and Spiders still seem to roam around in daytime and the Crafting System is entirely different (without recipes). At least crafting is there though.

Let´s see what updates bring. I´d love to have an Online Multiplayer as this game seems to be more fun to be played together if I´m not mistaken? All in all it seems to be a quality game, just seems to be a tad unfinished at this point. As long as the updates are free and they do make progress with the PE, I don´t care much though.

I might get the Mac Version next month, we´ll see. It´s not like the versions are very expensive, so I guess it´s okay to own them both. Would love to be able to continue building my world on iOS, so some kind of World Transfer from Mac/PC to iOS and vice versa would be ace.

Happy to be able to support some indies, as always.

Edit:

Seems like new version is on its way.

MCPE 0.6.0 has been submitted for review. Armor, signs, baby animals, clouds and lots of other pretty things :)

4. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Try Exploration from the AppStore. It's like Pocket Edition but Infinite Worlds, No Mobs, and No Crafting.

5. krazyk095

krazyk095 Member

Jan 3, 2013
    May I suggest Eden instead? I think it's a must have even if you already own MCPE. It has infinite worlds, world sharing, ability to paint any block, new unique blocks, and is soon to have an update introducing portals and other such goodies. It's also cheaper, being 69p ($1). Worth a buy even if you already own MCPE, not as a replacement but a seperate game.

6. I'm exiting about the new update. A lot of cool stuff is in it. Let's hope Apple will review the app quick so we can play with the new features :).

Till then i still enjoying the game a lot!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYLfLC2e8Z0

7. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Everybody is too greedy with Pocket Edition. People reviewing the game keep saying things like "add the real nether!" Or "add the enderman, wolf, & redstone, until then I rate 2 stars"

and it kinda p*sses me off.

Minecraft Pocket Edition started out as just an exclusive game on the Xperia Play, with just 30 building blocks and creative mode. In the timespan of just over 1 year, there's been an abundance of features crammed and added into the game and all because of a few guys working their butts off in a small office.

The point being is just to calm down and just appreciate what the game is right now and stop asking for stuff.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Fact: iOS can run the full game.

Fact: They're making boatloads of money off of the iOS version.

Fact: I want the full game.

9. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    This is a true TA face palm moment

10. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Lol indeed .

11. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Not here to argue but my net book is able to run minecraft and it has worse specs in everything other than ram than my 4S.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    FACT: You can keep the nether, I just want more space to build in! :p

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #473 JBRUU, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    Pssh. Deleted.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    We're resorting to name-calling now? The next person to call another member an "idiot" will be put in time-out.

15. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah, space is what I want most. A limited Nether though would at least give something else to explore.

I'm not sure what the limits are on Eden World Builder (or even lunacraft for that matter), but seems like they are pretty much unlimited in width for building. Height in Eden though is I think about the same as Minecraft PE.

Still, I love Minecraft PE for the survival aspect and there are now more materials to build with. The new update is very much welcomed, I look forward to whatever they do next because as much as I LOVE Minecraft on my PC, I'm not always able to sit down at a PC for long gaming sessions.

16. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I am disappointed with this update. It brought a lot to the table, but the bugs that plagued it pretty much ruined any chance of enjoying the update.

17. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    #477 goldglover411, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    new update thoughts

if anyone used the nether reactor before and after, it is obvious that every time you use it more things spawn, especially quartz. I got 64 quartz my first time to the nether

also, not sure if everyone knows this but the nether reactor can be recycled, all you have to do it dig with a diamond picaxe into the center. Also 2/4 of the gold blocks can be mined before they turn to obsidian, thus making it easier to get back to the nether.

I am enjoying this game a lot. I currently have a garden, a 7 story skyscraper (with a glass observation deck made entirely of glass at the top of the world), an underwater (mostly) glass house with a floor made of gold blocks, and various houses at all cool parts of the map, all connected with a series of underground tunnels. I can get to every house/area on my map at this point without ever seeing the light of day. I also have a statue of a man made with diamond blocks

seed: infinity

18. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Ok, so I am new to the game so I don't know if I am missing something here or if I have run in to a bug.

I played a little bit earlier today and dug my initial cave and then quit. I got back on later and started making my cave larger, quit again when I was done. When I came back, I had all the materials that I had collected from my digging, but my cave was completely filled in again. Even now, if I dig a piece of dirt and quit out, the block is back but I keep accumulating dirt in my inventory.

what gives?

19. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Its a bug in the newest version a bunch of people have been running into. They're fixing some major bugs from the last update, and this is included.

20. blackbear219

blackbear219 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yep, sucks. After that all happened, I signed out in my cave and when I signed in later it spawned me somewhere above ground at night and I promptly died and lost all my materials. Now I have no idea where my cave was.

So, not exactly the best first impression. I guess I picked a crappy day to try to get into Minecraft.