Universal Card Thief (by Tinytouchtales)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution New Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Thank you for giving a second round of beta testing. I've noticed a few others there have had a couple of the issues that I've sent feedback about so I don't feel like I'm all alone. Sorry for the constant nagging but I just want the game to work as perfectly as possible and I've just been upset lately with all the issues I've been having. I just want the game to be as perfect as possible for release so people don't give it a bad name on Android & in Google Play reviews. Thanks again.

2. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I actually think Card Thief is a much more addicting game because it's much deeper.

Anoik likes this.
  3. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    I might agree if there were more content. I hate that I finished Card Thief including most full upgrades weeeeks ago.

4. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @Tychaeus to be fair Card Crawl had way less content then Card Thief when it launched.

5. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    #405 Tychaeus, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Yeah, I realize that which is why I have such hope and anticipation for Card Thief. I perused the patch/update history for Card Crawl after I was so taken by Card Thief and was quite impressed...then bought Card Crawl on the spot lol...wasn't even ready to play it till weeks later # since I was still finishing up Card Thief and Ticket to Earth. The only other staggeringly regular patch/update history I've seen that compares would be Trese Brothers' Templar Battleforce and their other fantasy game. Good dense content updates for like two years straight haha. I barely looked at the features for Card Crawl and purchased on the obvious support alone.
    So, please don't get me wrong #
    You and the rest of your team deserve ongoing kudos without a doubt. I know I am not alone when I say I can't wait to see what you bring us in the future in the form of support and updates, and also.....the next game. MUCH love.

6. soniclife

soniclife Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hamburg
    Is there any way to show the the Hiscores of the daily heist of the last day? I do see my rank after I've finished the heist but when the day is over I can't check my final rank.

Plus: it would be great if something like an accumulated score of the last ten days could be implemented.

7. jdelstrother

jdelstrother Member

Apr 10, 2014
    I don't get how the poison card is supposed to work. The way I read the description, it decreases a card's value by 1, but doesn't work on cards whose value is already less than 1. That's clearly not how it actually works - any tips?

8. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Yes this is in fact how it works. Say there is a lamp post with value 1 and you have poison card with value 1 or higher. You drag the card over the lamp and it would reduce the lamp value to zero and your poison card's use value to two. Also, if ya have poison value 3 for instance, the highest value card you can use it on to reduce ITS value by one would be a card with value of 3 or less. Got it? If not, lemme know and I will try to shift perspective, but it seems pretty simple.

Oh and, that just means you can't use it to make another cards value less than zero, as in put it into the negatives.

9. jdelstrother

jdelstrother Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Ah, I didn't realise the poison card also had to have a value greater than the card you're playing it on. That makes more sense

10. jdelstrother

jdelstrother Member

Apr 10, 2014
    One more: sometimes when planning out your moves, you make a move that would capture you, then it lets you add one more subsequent move after the capture.
    Is that a glitch, or is it significant? I'm never able to complete the "extra" move

11. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    If you get the indication that you will be captured then you will always be captured.

12. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    #412 Tychaeus, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Lol, it doesn't....if all you have left on your poison card is one value...or one "use" you can for example use it on a card of value one.

Just keep playing man, and experiment constantly with all the skills is all I can really tell ya, things will start to just click at some point and that is pretty rewarding part of the game.

13. Almicutza

Almicutza Member

Apr 24, 2017
    #413 Almicutza, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Awesome gem

This little gem falls under the category "to buy and never to be deleted". I'm totally addicted and have to make efforts to restrain myself to play it just a few hours in the evening. I love everything about it: the idea, the graphics, the atmosphere. Tinytouch, thanks for endless hours of joy. I have a question tho - how do i ignite extinguished torches (for upgrading water arrow)?

14. Tinytouchtales

Tinytouchtales Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Male
    Gamedesign
    Berlin, Germany
    @Almicutza Nice, thanks, glad you like it. We'll for this Quest you need to:

Extinguish a Torch and leave it on the board, if in the following rounds it get's lit
    by another torch it will ignite again.

15. Almicutza

Almicutza Member

Apr 24, 2017
    #415 Almicutza, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Tinytouchtales thank you for taking time to answer :). After all the years since mobile games exist i only have one that stays in my phone. This one will be the second.

16. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    You wanna tell us the other one? [emoji4]

Gesendet von meinem SM-N915FY mit Tapatalk

17. Zul277

Zul277 Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Lovely game. Got all the upgrades. Next please

18. Almicutza

Almicutza Member

Apr 24, 2017
    #418 Almicutza, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Lol yes, can't wait for the next one.

19. Almicutza

Almicutza Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Are you sure? :) It's "Elder Sign: Omens".

20. pernero

pernero Member

Jan 13, 2013
    What exactly are door cards for? Are they just an obstacle?