Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

So I have some news to report back on DH:A, I just playd it on my lunch and omg its getting harder. I am at a point now where I am in a dungeon and ran out of potions on my warrior and have no money to buy more.... good lord I might have to spec into defense talents and such unlike the other DH games on IOS I just spent all my points in offensive abilities and was fine! This is on a warrior who wears armor and used a shield to, the other classes are going to be rough probably!

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I've always prefered the first one on the PSP but that's probably more to do with the actual plot and liking the main characters, gamewise the second offers more albiet it's a little more complicated than the first to play. Infinite is I believe some type of comic and not really a game.

Had a look myself on PSN, the only real option I get in the UK is disgaea 2 I might get that again myself if I can't wait for the proper Vita version of 3.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    My favorite was Disgaea Infinite, but I don't like SRPG's(except Jeanne d'Arc), so ignore me.

I love Disgaea's humor though, just can't get through the gameplay. So Infinite was like a gift from the heavens, dood!

4. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Loved Jeanne De'Arc as well it's the best SRPG I've played on any system I think the secret was it's simplicity it's probably in my opinion the PSPs best game. I wonder if that will ever come to Vita in any form.

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    A new Jeanne d'arc would be great, I was replaying the old one earlier on my Vita.

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    #1346 Fireball926, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    I decided I'm not going to get disgaea. Seems to complicated and I'm not in the mood to learn it all(laziness :p). I'm still going to pick up a PSN card and will probably get Patapon and some other games.

EDIT: I think I'm going to get patapon2 and then grab no more heroes allowed.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    No More Heroes allowed isn't exactly simple either.

8. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    The concept seems a bit easier for me to grasp. I watched a video of Disegaea and I didn't know what the hell was going on, watched one of No more heroes allowed and I was able to grasp the key elements fairly easily..

9. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
  10. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I finished the scavenger hunt awhile ago. Muahahaha...

11. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I finished it a couple minutes after I made that post actually xD It was just that I forgot about the forums. It was really easy after that.

12. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #1352 Teknikal, Apr 7, 2012
    I added some funds to PSN there but I can't for the life of me find anywhere to view the balance I did get an email though. Surely you don't have to try and remember in your head.

I'm already tempted to blow the credit, I''d say Ninja Gaiden, BlazBlue, Motorstorm and a few PSP games are the more likely candidates although haven't really decided which yet, I actually bought the card thinking about Disgaea 2 but really I know that would be silly when 3 is so close. Trying to resist for now.

13. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    #1353 Drucifer, Apr 7, 2012
    I think there is a section in the settings to view your PSN account detail even your wallet amount. You can also just go to purchase something and it will tell you, just don't confirm the purchase and cancel out, it will say how much you have how much the purchase costs and how much you will have left after biting it.

Also got 100% in Mutant Blobs Attack. Back to Rayman ten I've got Disgaea 3 on the 17th. Strongly considering Dungeon Hunter now though. Might wait for a price drop though.

14. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Finally got around to trying out Music Unlimited, how cool! I think I'll subscribe. For the price of about 1 cd, I can offline as much music as I want. Adding things offline isn't quite as intuitive, but I finally figured out the "tricks". Love this since having to get rid of my Zune Pass.

15. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    If you go to your cart or download list, I'm pretty sure you can see funds. Can't remember though

16. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Was eventually able to see were it was added on transaction history but I'm not sure that's very useful, I don't think the Vita PSN even has a basket which is strange.

I'm really torn at the minute because I want to play a Disgaea game but the only one on the UK store is the PSP Disgaea 2 which I think is the worst one but I don't see myself able to wait until the 20th for the 3rd so I might just grab it although probably not til tomorrow for time reasons.

My plan is probably picking up Disgaea 2 (possibly DLC as well), Street Fighter Alpha Max 3, and Tactics Ogre with my credit I'm more curious than anything because I've not bought direct from PSN before or seen the Vita run a PSP game. Really want to see how the whole digital purchase thing works in practise and I'd quite like having a few lengthy titles straight on the card.

17. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I hope I'm just busy because I had put in 50+ hours in Uncharted, Wipeout, and Super Stardust... and then in the last two in a half weeks I bought Unit 13 and played a total of four hours :/ System is still awesome. Maybe lack of interesting games right now (?)

18. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #1358 earthclaw, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    Tactics Ogre,Jeanne D'arc and final fantasy tactics are amazing :D Monster hunter was good ,and the Valkyria Chronicles 2 bundle is a must buy. (has to be downloaded to ps3 first and then saved as backup on to ps vita, then while in vita ,click on game to run :D) Who says all games arent supported.

my favorite psp games on vita arent even on the supported list.
    Burnout Legends was sort of pixelated on the psvita, maybe thats why it didnt make the list.
    gurumin a monstrous adventure plays without any problems.

19. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    Another underated Tactics game that I enjoyed alot for the vita.
    Legends of War: Patton's Campaign, a little pricey at 19.99 for a older title, but I think I have gotten my value out of it.

20. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    #1360 SirAwesome, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012