Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-29-2014, 12:21 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecmancan View Post
I played that level for TWO WHOLE TRAIN RIDES!

I finally realized that you need some luck on the Trade Rows cards to swing your way to win.

- The key is to put up outposts as much as you can regardless of faction.
- Scrapping Scouts and Vipers as soon as you can so you don't have hands with only those crappy cards to play.
- Destroy those BloB outposts as soon as they come out.
- Have a outline of which faction to play. However, you're not necessarily buying exclusively that faction from the Trade Row. You can buy other ships/bases just for their good Scrap abilities like forcing a discard or drawing a card.
- TRIM YOUR DECK. In the late game, those little red supply bots are valuable as they allow you to trim your discard pile so that only your heavy hitters or outposts are in them. This way you are not waiting multiple turns to get a good hand.
- Outposts, outposts, outposts.
- I want to add that when scraping a card from the center row, I pay attention to which faction the AI is playing for and scrap outposts in that faction. It's amazing how hard it is to attack through 3 outposts...I had the AI line up 3 outposts with 6-5-4 authority each. Lucky I strung together 21 attack.

By the way....what are some big combos that other folks are stringing together? I put together a 30 pointer scrapping 2 outposts and having a card that duplicated another card which had 8 attack.

I can't think of anything else right now.

I've never played card battlers before and Star Realms may be my gateway drug.
you can get some massive combos! I've had over 60, I think it was 64. I can't remember it exactly but I had a mostly blob deck. I already had blob world in play and got the command ship and stealth needle in my hand. made the needle another command ship to draw lots of cards, loads of blob ships came out and I drew a load more cards, then drew even more using blob world.

I've had it a few times, as I'm sure others have, where I've gone through my entire deck in a hand, I have the ability to draw more card but I've simply none left to draw!
Old 09-23-2014, 08:06 AM
iPhone 4

On an iPhone 6+ this is (maybe not so) strangely even harder to make out text. Flavour text and names of cards in play, nearly no chance.crazy waste of screen space. Eye strain from this game on an iPhone 6+? Straight up, although it's great to have this on a mobile device, it's terrible.