What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Has anyone tried out Mob Pyscho 100 yet? It's been awesome so far.

2. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Loving it. xD

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I've seen the first ep of most of this seasons anime (figuring out what I might like), I do think I'll be watching this and a few others sometime I have my eye on Handa-Kun and Endride as well although doesn't seem many really like the last one.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I am on Handa-Kun and I think it's very funny. A lot of people seem pissed off because they think it's a shitty prequel to Barakamon. I think the anime stands really well on it's own. So, I definitely recommend it.

5. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah I think I'm going to start it as soon as I'm complete with Barakoman (I'm on S01E09) I've a really bad habit of watching something like 20 odd shows at a time and letting kodi randomly choose my playlist from them with the Lazy TV plugin (the only time I really clear one is when I decide to binge watch something).

I watched a few more eps of endride and I think the reviews are mostly right it seems very generic with nothing new so I might retract my plans to watch that one.

6. slarti88

slarti88 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Freelance software developer
    I ended up re-watching Ghost In The Shell (SAC). That is still some of the best science fiction I've come across, anime or otherwise

7. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Big news in the English world of anime in a massive partnership between Funimation and Crunchyroll. Funimation wants to focus on English dubs so they are transferring all of their subs to their streaming service. In return Funimation gets all of their dubs. This means soon I will be able to watch the Mob Psycho 100 dubs!

8. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #708 Teknikal, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Just watched a couple of eps of "Hanasaku Iroha Blossoms for Tomorrow" I think it's a pretty good slice of life with nothing to heavy just good characters if I was to rate it now I think an 8, I'm going to binge the whole the thing I think over the next day or so, it seems to be just what I'm in the right mood for.

Edit: watched 15 eps so far I'm actually leaning closer to a 10 score it could be that it caught me in the right mood though. Just like the characters to be honest.

9. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I have recently started watching cardfight vanguard. It's pretty decent and is really entertaining for me because I just started playing the game as well!

10. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Loved Re:Zero all the way through I might binge the whole thing again from the start, Rewrites also starting to grow on me now there is a clear plot and I kind of understand what is going on.

Going to have a big anime watching day tomorrow as my powers being cut for most of the day, so I've loaded my tablet and phone (multiple SD cards and OTG drives) my tablet gives me about 10 hours and my phone and a 10,000mah power bank is my backup. Not sure what I'm going to watch yet might be Shirobako or Your Lie in April.

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I'm l❤️vein Machinema's new
    Transformers Combiner Wars

12. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I actually finished Hunter X Hunter today all 148 episodes, to be fair I gave up for a while after around 50 but began watching again and the Greed Island arc sucked me in enough to stay for the Chimera Ant which I always see mentioned as probably the best Arc in Anime i'm not sure about that but it was really good and very different from what I thought it would be.

The series definitely does get better the further you go but it's by far the largest Anime I've watched so far, it has made me curious about things like one piece which I know is far larger.

I gave it a 9 overall because I did lose interest enough to stop for a while.

13. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I just finished One Punch Man. As everyone else said, it's hilarious and fantastic. Right now, I am in the middle of Steins;Gate.:D

14. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Good thing both are getting second seasons (Stein;Gate seems to be getting more of a side story? Its based off the new VN that came out and was very well received).

15. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Since I don't have much to do this weekend, what's a good, scary anime to watch for Halloween?

16. slarti88

slarti88 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Freelance software developer
    I found Ghost Hunt to be really really good. A good balance between fun and scary. Especially some of the later episodes gave me shivers (like the Urado one)

17. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Thanks for the suggestion. It looks good. Not too long either.

18. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just binged My Hero Academia in one sitting, not sure why I'd let it sit so long everyone seems to rate it quite good and now I have to agree. Only other thing I've been really watching recently is "Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan" so I've slowed my crazy anime binging quite a bit recently.

19. AyuIsumi

AyuIsumi Member

Nov 25, 2016
    I have not been watching much anime in the past year except for Naruto. (I wish they would stop delaying the ending)

20. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Been back to my binging lately my list is probably starting to look a bit crazy now as I have been going through sometimes more than one show a day.

Watched a few episodes from this seasons schedule and I've yet to find one I didn't like.

Here are a few I'm going to watch as they air and already like based on the first episode

Demi-chan wa Kataritai

Fuuka

Gabriel DropOut

Little Witch Academia

Masamune-kun no Revenge

Oh and Konasuba season 2 starts airing today as well I believe.