Command & Conquer 4 for iphone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Athlos, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Do you guys think that they will make the up and coming C&C 4 for the iphone as well? If they do, I sure hope it's better than Red Alert for the iphone...

2. Coops58

Coops58 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I said don't look here!
    I hope they don't, I already wasted enough money on 3 :p

3. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    i want either generals or zero hour. idk whats wrong with EA. zero hour/generals was the best C&C ever made. it had realistic units, factions, and environments. idk, is EA high? whats with this red alert and tiberium wars BS? all the units are fat and fake. everything is too futuristic. generals was rather modern and realistic, but Act of War is pretty good too in that sense.

4. Achy

Achy Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Generals was and still is the best C&C ever made imo. A port of it that works better than Red Alert would be awesome.

5. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    they have three seperate storylines, Red Alert is alternate universe Cold War(I think), the original C&C had a futuristic Sci-Fi theme, then of course Generals the realistic one(other than the emperor tank).

6. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Agreed, although i did like all the tiberium series.

7. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #7 wikoogle, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    I really hope they do.

But I'm not sure they will because Red Alert wasn't a very big hit, and I'm guessing lost them money.

It was a solid game, but they screwed up by not including the Japanese faction in that game. The PC game had three factions you could choose from... Allies vs. Soviets vs. Japan. The Japanese faction was by far the coolest. All their units transform from ground units to air units, mechs, giant robots, psychic school girls. They could build anywhere on the map.

The Allies were by far the most boring and useless faction in Red Alert, so it makes little sense to me why they opted to make it Allies vs. Soviets instead of Japan vs. Soviets.

They also screwed up by not including FMVs to the game (atleast as an optional download). The videos are a huge part of Red Alert's charm, without them, the game is just like every other generic RTS out there.

p.s: IMO, Generals was boring. Who cares about using real units like tanks, jeeps and helicopters that we see every day, everywhere and in every game. It's so much cooler to use futuristic vehicles like tesla tanks, flame tanks, invisible tanks, Obelisks of light, mechs, tengus, psychics, skywings and transforming units.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    +1 The zaniness and humor of Red Alert was what drew me in. The heads of Mt. Rushmore shoot laser beams, for crying out loud, how can you not love that?

9. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Actually EA has a website for C&C and they announced in their video series that they were adding an entire Japanese campaign as an update along with online multiplayer with new maps to the ipod touch Red Alert.

10. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    #10 gospel9, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    Red Alert for iPhone was the worst game I paid for over $5 (and bought it at launch at $10). Controls are absolutely horrendous, frustrating at best. There is virtually no content. The AI is useless. Choppy, slow framerate, jagged graphics when zoomed out (who the hell plays all the way zoomed in?). Both Allies and Soviet are virtually the same with very minor differences...

If they are going to do justice with C&C they really need to do a much better job, starting with the controls. Accidental drag/clicks happen all the time is unacceptable. Building placement is also a chore with the rediculous small maps.

They already have local multiplayer and the Empire faction (in app purchase). Never heard anything about Online Multiplayer.

11. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    The iPad will certainly increase the likelyhood of a C&C given the bigger screen size, making controls for a rts not just manageble, but actually fluid.

12. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Command & Conquer 4 and Starcraft 2 on iPad (iPod XL). :eek: drools...

I still think EA screwed up by not including FMVs to Red Alert (atleast as an optional download). The videos are a huge part of Red Alert's charm, without them, the game is just like every other generic RTS out there.

13. Chainsy

Chainsy Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    The way C&C4 is being developed would work on an iPhone far better than on PC. They have pretty much killed what was once a great franchise, and it makes me sad.