New guy here

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PineyGames, Jul 29, 2013.

1. PineyGames

PineyGames Member

Jul 13, 2013
  2. Silvanis

Silvanis Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    co-owner of Silver Moonfire
    A bit of a critique, so make sure you're wearing all necessary protective equipment before reading this post ;)

Why only 2 screenshots? Neither of which really tell me what the game is about. I see lots of faces in random places and some blocks, and I would assume the vortexes are background elements.

What's the difference between Mipsters and Mipsters Free? It looks like Free is ad-supported while the regular has some kind of iAP?

I don't think starting your description on Mipsters Free with "**** GREAT REVIEWS COMING IN ****" is doing you any favors. What do you feel when you read that line? My first thought was "great reviews you're not going to tell me about, right?"

3. PineyGames

PineyGames Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Glad to have constructive criticism

I can put more screenshots up. Do you think i should have some text and arrows in them explaining the game then?

Mipsters Free has ads, Mipsters has IAP.

The review thing was a test but it has not really boosted sales so i will probably take it off

Why only 2 screenshots? Neither of which really tell me what the game is about. I see lots of faces in random places and some blocks, and I would assume the vortexes are background elements.

What's the difference between Mipsters and Mipsters Free? It looks like Free is ad-supported while the regular has some kind of iAP?

I don't think starting your description on Mipsters Free with "**** GREAT REVIEWS COMING IN ****" is doing you any favors. What do you feel when you read that line? My first thought was "great reviews you're not going to tell me about, right?"[/QUOTE]

4. michaeldouma

michaeldouma Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Educational app dev
    Maryland, USA
    I noticed the "Free until 28th July" message, and yet the app is not currently free. You should make that consistent. I don't think you need arrows on the sample screens, but it would help to explain more about how the app works (1-2 sentences) in your description. I also think additional screen shots would help.

5. Silvanis

Silvanis Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    co-owner of Silver Moonfire
    I think your screenshots need to give the impression of things happening. I don't do the best ones in the world, but here's a few from my games.

Crystal Collapse Screenshot

Here you can see the laser having fired, hit gems of the right color, and that caused other gems to fall. Almost all of my screenshots for Crystal Collapse show the laser doing something, as that is the core mechanic of that game.

[​IMG]

This screenshot shows off the traps available in Cops 'n Robbers. Showing the full screen for each trap would make it hard to focus on the traps themselves, so I combined all 4 into one shot. Note that I'm showing the trap icon you pick up as well as the effect in game when you use it.

Also, I add text to each image to describe the basic feature of each game. This way people can get an idea of what the game is about without having to read the description.

Hope that helps :)

6. PineyGames

PineyGames Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Thanks guys. I will have another crack at the text and screenshots

7. Mipsters hd proposed screenshots from TA's beta testing thread. Great fun simple game.

Released version currently is sd

Some ipad 3 screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]