Universal Chillaxian (by Madgarden)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mrs.Madgarden, Jul 23, 2013.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Game is definitely good but its not my type, will have to give it a second chance to catch the rhythm I guess

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    One solution, for me at least, would be a way to save one's current game and come back to it later, even after closing and killing the app. Unless there's a way to do this that I've missed...

This doesn't really solve your concern about having to play through the early levels for a high score, but it would at least provide a break from playing all at once.

3. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    I'm going to add a WAVE BONUS score in an update that is given when you start the game, based on what wave you're starting on.

4. Any chance for icade support?

5. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Yes, iCade support is likely for a post 1.1 update. I've already got it in Saucelifter, so not too hard to add to Chillaxian.

6. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Great, I'll buy it.

7. If you need any help, check my title for links to the icade and hdmi thread, would be happy to help, and I am sure Masvil would too, he's a great guy and is active in both groups too.

Thanks!

8. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    That's reassuring! Thanks for letting me know. Ill pick it up once icade support is implemented in the next update.

I just got an 8-Bitty and it really brings the arcade type games (my favorite genre) to another level. Adding your game to my watch list now!

9. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    #49 somedumbgamer, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    I wish Syder Arcade HD would get icade support. Have you played it and/or offered to assist the dev with that?

10. Space junk was way before my time here, though it is a fun game and would be great for icade.

Syder Arcade HD, I actually worked with the developer a ton, like making the game more exciting at the beginning and a slew of other things, kinda a tester, but that was before I got my icade, otherwise, it would to this day have icade support. I will try to pm him, maybe he is still around.

11. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    Awesome! Thanks for checking on that.

I edited my post but you beat me to it on the reply. I removed Space Junk on second thought because it seems like it would require dual analog sticks.

12. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Version 1.1 is live now, added some weird aliens and fixed a couple of things.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/chillaxian/id673243744?mt=8

13. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I still can's find a decent video. Any help?

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This will be awesome. Ver 1.2? Anyway thanks for the update. Are the teleporting aliens new? I don't remember seeing them.

Quick question. What's the ship's hitbox, the cockpit or the whole front disk?

Everyone remember to resubmit your iTunes reviews. It's great when devs roll out fast updates but sucks for them when all their initial positive reviews are hidden.

15. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Very nice update, especially the romulan ship (right?).
    Though i don't think it's easier now, i've just beaten level 40
    for the first time. Glad i started from the beginning.

My second nomination for the GOTW. Well deserved.

16. Markaroni

Markaroni Member

Oct 1, 2012
    #56 Markaroni, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    Great game,is there any chance we could get an option for a 'fixed' joystick' to place to our liking and 'manual' fire option button as well.That would be the topper for me,to put this game over the top.Im always in favor of 'physical' buttons on the screen.I know there not always perfect..but I will settle for the best that they can be in that way.THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

17. timbungeroth

timbungeroth Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Been going through 80's power ballads with this, and blasted through Wave 90 to The Final Countdown. The game is already superb, but when you bring in Europe, Journey, & the Scorpions...it reaches very rare air.

18. reweblind

reweblind Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Philippines
    Super great game Madgarden! This is a love letter to my 80's childhood heheh! I love the fact that you're able to get a second/third ship backup! remembering the old days in Galaga (nostalgia mode: that awesome moment in Galaga when u discovered u could rescue your captured ship and turn them as backup fire, ahhh). Awesome enemy ship design as well, and the character each has. I love the blinkers and stealthies and the sidewinders (yup I name them as I go, already at wave 50, just bought it last night) hehehe.

Pls pls add more enemy ship types, i dunno, maybe one could shoot a different bullet type that goes straight and fast, and another that shoots homing bullets. And maybe some kamikaze ships as well hehehe, ill leave it out to u devs ;) thanks for not making it also too much like those "bullet hell" games, this just hits the right balance.

I noticed also you used some assets from Punch Quest, like the color splashes and the sound bites (which I like of course, not complaining hehehe). Hope u cud do some crossover also with Punch Quest and Chillaxian and vice versa :)

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Chillaxian was successfully nominated to be included in Game of the Week voting on Touch Arcade forums. Voting occurs at the link below. Developers may not vote for their own game. New user votes subject to review.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2917013

20. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Ack, I wasn't getting notified of updates to this thread for some reason... sorry!

Here we go...

I'm afraid my computer is crap at taking videos. There are a couple of video reviews on Youtube though.

Yes the teleporting aliens are new to 1.1 The ship's hit circle is about where the disk is, yes. A bit behind it actually to let you scrape by even more.

I refer to that ship as the "predator" but call it whatever you like. :) Was thinking of adding a ship rundown to the attract screen in an update.

Yes, there's a good chance of this... I'll do a 1.2 update some time in August hopefully. Pretty busy crunching on the current rocketcat collab game for now though.

Thanks! There's actually nothing recycled from Punch Quest, but I do use my same sound synth code, so it's likely some things will sound similar. More aliens may appear in a future update, we'll see.

Awesome, thanks!